PDA

View Full Version : Quick sharp pain in head

willous1
25-06-13, 16:08
I was just sitting at work and got quite a hard pain at top left of my head. It lasted a few seconds and I just rubbed the area and it died down. I thought I would look on the internet and am not convinced it is a brain tumour. Im so scared. I went for an eye test a few weeks ago- would they have seen the pressure? I did loads of tests on my eyes last year as well. Also, I have had no other head aches. What could it me.

meche
25-06-13, 16:21
Hi willous - it's nothing to worry about. In the past, I've had every ache/pain possible on or in my head. If it isn't a full blown headache then it can range from shooting, stabbing and pressure type pains that come out of nowhere and last for seconds. Not every ache or pain is a symptom of something but I understand your worry. I've been through it myself. To this day I get odd pains in my head that make me wince but I've been getting them on/off for years and I'm still here. Hope you feel better soon. xx

willous1
25-06-13, 16:23
Thanks for reply. I know I am being dramatic but it scared me. I hate Google. First thing that came up was a boy who had a similar pain and had one.

flori
25-06-13, 16:32
Willous, I know we all have a go at it at times and we all know it`s best not to look on the internet.:)

willous1
25-06-13, 16:36
I know :D

Do you think they would have seen signs of a brain tumor in these eye tests.

flori
25-06-13, 16:42
Willous, you haven`t got a brain tumour !! Try not to think like that, I`m after taking a pain killer for headache--just a common headache:)

Eye tests can tell many things about your health, or so I`ve heard. Stop worrying.

willous1
25-06-13, 16:55
Thanks Flori, I really hate this health anxiety. HATE it.

I had a massive fear about my eyes the other day and was just starting to move on then this. I am going to false myself to keep of google. I keep telling myuself they would have seen on an eye test anyway.

Leah52
25-06-13, 16:58
I have random pains in my head all the time, I think they are completely normal. You aren't going to google and find someone saying "I had a sharp pain in my head for a few seconds and it was nothing" because normal people don't even worry about that kind of thing or think about it for more than a moment when it happens.
You are fine, you do not have a brain tumor.

flori
25-06-13, 17:03
Good willous, please try your hardest to stay off it, because you really are making yourself worse.:)

willous1
25-06-13, 17:04
Thank you, I really feel like im doing myself so much harm with this constant worrying. Im now assesing my head and feeling different things.

flori
25-06-13, 17:09
Oh jings, willous , why don`t you try to take your mind off it and listen to some relaxation tape or play a game online. Anything to distract you from your head.

willous1
25-06-13, 18:09
Yes, I think I will chill out after work. Im thinking about my eye tests and trying to put my mind at ease.

willous1
26-06-13, 11:56
Does anyone know about if an eye test would show signs of a brain tumour?

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

Anyone

Jimmy28
26-06-13, 13:44
I get them for over an year now. I thought I had brain tumor too, I was so depressed, I begged my doctor to do a CT scan and when I finally did it the results were normal. And I still get the pain almost every day and I'm still here, alive. So, it's just anxiety, trust me :)

willous1
26-06-13, 16:25
Thank you. I'm now getting a little bit of pressure behind the eyes and mild headaches in places. So worried. I really want to know if an yet test can pick up signs.

willous1
27-06-13, 13:22
Anyone

meche
27-06-13, 13:38
Hi Willous - an eye test can certainly pick up abnormalities but I honestly think you have nothing to worry about. Everyone who has commented has said they have or have had exactly the same kind of pains. Now either we all have tumours (what are the odds) or we are all slightly anxious.