PDA

View Full Version : Warts and all (poss Diabetes?)

PhoenixGrey
25-06-13, 16:32
I was diagnosed with genital warts about 14 weeks ago and I've been having weekly cryotherapy sessions to remove them ever since...

In the meantime I've had not one but two outbreaks of impetigo on my face, and today at the clinic I broke down (I should mention that I'm now under my local mental health team as well as I've been a wreck ever since I was diagnosed).

She saw me break down and in an effort to reassure me did a urine test, but all I've eaten today is a handful of cherry tomatoes and a lucozade lite, if I was diabetic would there still have been glucose in my urine?

I'm still waiting for a doctors appointment to attempt to get other tests done.

Sorry, miserable and had the roughest three months of my life!

flori
25-06-13, 16:51
Sorry to hear you have all these problems. I don`t know much about diabetes and hope someone comes along to reassure you in some way. Phoenix.

PhoenixGrey
25-06-13, 16:57
Thanks Flori :( I just wish these were things I could sort out without resorting to this :(

flori
25-06-13, 17:05
What do you mean Phoenix, resorting to what. If you want to pm , please do.

PhoenixGrey
25-06-13, 17:19
Sorry Flori, don't mean to scare people I mean resorting to online help, and frankly being this much of a wuss in real life, I cry all the time and I literally saw the phlebotomist at my doctors hide in her room when I walked in today, it's miserable, I just wish I could have had things resolved in one go, rather than months of agony and stress. Thanks for your concern Flori :) x

flori
25-06-13, 18:11
I know how you feel Phoenix, sometimes health problems don`t just come in ones, do they. When we have a few in the one go, it does stress us out.

That`s what this site is about, helping each other through anxiety and stressful situations. That`s why most people are on here because they were finding it difficult to cope and searched online for additional help. That`s why I came on.

It doesn`t matter what illness brought you here, you are suffering from anxiety the same as the rest of us.

As for the phlebotomist just ignore her. She is not any better than you and is in the wrong job, if that`s how she acts.

PhoenixGrey
25-06-13, 19:20
Thanks Flori, yeah I know that's why I found this place, and I love this place for the help its given me over the years.

I'm sorry that I do flood this place when I'm having a bad time, then I make a point of avoiding here because it triggers me to panic. I feel bad that I avoid here when I'm feeling okay, but so grateful for its presence when I'm feeling crap.

Thanks Flori, I'm going to make more of an effort to help other people out on here when/if I can. And I hope this place remains to help me when I'm in this mess.

flori
25-06-13, 22:48
Phoenix, your welcome. I`m sure you help people too.

I understand what you mean about not coming on here at times, because although I find it a great source of help it can also remind and trigger my anxiety too.

Sometimes we need a wee break from it.