PDA

View Full Version : aerophagia

spacedoutplace
25-06-13, 16:55
I am pretty sure I have had aerophagia for the past few years now (swallowing air, burping ,bloated when I get nervous its almost a ocd thing but its really turning into a problem . I try to push out burps so fast that i can try to burp about twenty times a minute or more Itfeels like I have so much pressure in my head and my ears hiss and I get kinda spacey and it makes me so scared. It's causing my heartburn to get really bad. It's really embarrassing when I'm at peoples houses because i cant stop. It makes me go into a full blown panic attack and when I ask my boyfriend or family to rub my back they get really mad at me and i get up set and my panic attack is worse. So the burping continues and I pull muscles in my neck and shoulders. Then later I will have stomach acid and food come up now all the time and i can't help it. Doas nybody have aerophagy like this? Besides all my panic drama?

LondonRain
13-10-22, 18:28
Yeah I just kind of realized I have this too.. I have a physical early morning job, and lately whenever I start I start to get out of breath and my brain starts to panic trying to tell me im dying, but then I realize I feel bloated and my belly is acting up as it happens. This usually happens I suspect because I have a quick breakfast right after waking up and its quite early (5am) I think my stomach probably struggles to process the food quickly and I probably swallow too much air whilst eating or something..but still even knowing what it is, the breathless symptoms are scary and annoying as hell!