PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here :)

Schnook
25-06-13, 19:49
Hello all, I'm new here and just joined today. I signed up to use the chat room, but have to of been a member for 5 days and posted in the forum so here I am :)

I've suffered with depression and anxiety for about 10 years. I've been on anti depressants, off of them, had counselling for my depression and can cope with it better now and rarely have down days. I've also had counselling for anxiety and can deal with that too, but what I can't deal with is my current anxiety over the past few weeks and feeling like I can't breathe which then causes me to yawn on purpose and take deep breaths, then I start feeling light headed so it's a never ending vicious circle.

I signed up to find some help with breathing. I'm fed up of waking up everyday and feeling stressed about nothing and causing myself breathing problems because it's all I can think about as I don't have a job right now.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. It would just be nice to know someone understands how I feel and maybe I can find some help as I'm fed up with going to the doctor about my anxiety problems every time it happens. I know I can deal with it myself if I find the right help.

chantelle
25-06-13, 21:38
:welcome:Schnook...hate waking up like that too.....I keep a mirror beside my bed and if I wake up and immediately say positive affirmations into the mirror before my anxiety sets in along with the feeling of dread, it doesn't seem to be as bad.
Welcome & good luck....if you learn how to deal with it let me know!!!

flori
25-06-13, 22:18
Schnook :welcome:

I`m sure you will find this site helpful.

Schnook
25-06-13, 23:21
:welcome:Schnook...hate waking up like that too.....I keep a mirror beside my bed and if I wake up and immediately say positive affirmations into the mirror before my anxiety sets in along with the feeling of dread, it doesn't seem to be as bad.
Welcome & good luck....if you learn how to deal with it let me know!!!

It's horrible and I get annoyed with myself because I know I can breathe as my body breathes on it's own whilst I'm asleep, yet I wake up and it starts. Sometimes I have very vivid dreams that can be disturbing or just feel really real and that causes me anxiety and a weird feeling too for a while, but then I forget about it.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

ellie14
28-06-13, 16:02
Hi schnook ,

I have trouble with my breathing too . When I am anxious I feel like I have a knot in my throat and I cant breathe , and I will start to breathe shallower and faster until I feel light headed . I don't have a job at the moment either , so like you I notice that I am focusing on my anxiety more and its bringing me down ! As for the dreams , I have very vivid sometimes quite disturbing dreams that I can remember for ages , I write them down and use them creatively but try not to analyse them , as trust me this is bad !

If you find any tips for breathing let me know because I need some too !

Good luck :)

Mark13
28-06-13, 17:27
Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

Speranza
28-06-13, 18:04
Hi. :) :welcome:

Blondiegirl1
28-06-13, 20:15
Hi & Welcome, I too deal with breathing issues When I am anxious I feel like I have a knot in my throat and I cant breathe , and I will start to breathe shallower and Faster and it makes me light headed and also I can feel my blood pressure go up because this scares me. I try to do breathing exercises Breath in count to 6 than breath out slowly and count to 5 do this a few times and this seems to calm me down. Anxiety is a very scary thing and I keep telling myself that it is just anxiety and can not hurt me. I have my good days and I have my bad days. You are not in this alone. This sight is a good sight and seems to help to talk about it.