PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety/panic?

TheScript
25-06-13, 22:59
Hi guys, can you PLEASE read this and tell me if it's Anxiety/Panic.

So tonight i had what i think is another panic attack (ive had this many times before) so i decided to make a account on here and ask.

I got rid of panic for quite a long while, but it recently came back. So the symptoms i have are:

Nervous tummy (i can feel the anxiety/panic coming on)
Fast heartbeat
Dizzy
Dry mouth
Shaky
Feeling like something very bad is going to happen
Feel like losing my mind
Nausea
Feeling 'trapped'
Sweaty palms
Hot flashes

When i panic all these symptoms get 10x worse for like 1-5 minutes.
Luckily i have become alot better in making the panic last shortly by reassuring myself.

Some other facts about why i feel like it's anxiety/panic:

It always happens at night and never in the morning
Distraction makes it go away completely
It comes from negative thoughts
It always ends within 10 minutes but leaves me shaky afterwards
I get it when driving alot
The panic feeling is always the same, i've had it so many times
I have all the symptoms

I have been to a psychologist and she said i have anxiety and there's nothing wrong.

When i have panic i'm scared there may be something wrong with my brain, can someone please tell me this is 100% anxiety?

I would really appriciate some answers so that i can stop being worried.
Thank you

Stormsky
25-06-13, 23:07
Yes thats a panic attack..caused by Anx.
There's nothing wrong with your brain...
The adrenaline in your body dies out after few minutes, hence they don't last usually longer than 10 mins..
Your reoccurring fears bring on the Anx and panic..

flori
25-06-13, 23:07
:welcome:The Script

Definitely sounds like panic attacks to me. I get the symptoms you say. And it`s good that you have at least recognized this and are learning to control it.

TheScript
25-06-13, 23:29
Thanks very much Stormsky and Flori. Can a few more people reply please, i want to be sure so i can leave this behind me again...

Kim51
26-06-13, 08:30
Hi I have exactly the same symptoms as you describe, I have been having panic attacks for 14 years and they have always been the same. :hugs:

Clint70
26-06-13, 14:36
hi buddy this is definitely a panic attack brought on by anxiety that you are suffering we all have them to varying degrees, there is nothing wrng with your brain, you are alright.

PanchoGoz
26-06-13, 16:19
Why don't you write down our list of symptoms so you can refer back to it when you next panic and know you are just having the same thing again, and you can write down that it has been made certain that this is panic by other panickers. Anxiety will always leave you with some little doubt in your mind, as a safety precaution.

Sparkle1984
26-06-13, 19:55
Thanks very much Stormsky and Flori. Can a few more people reply please, i want to be sure so i can leave this behind me again...

Yes, those are all classic anxiety/panic symptoms. I've had nearly all those symptoms at some point.