PDA

View Full Version : Can't match up to my twin.

becka22
25-06-13, 23:40
I graduated in 2011, and still unable to get a job in my chosen field. I have worked on cruise ships and finished on them a few months ago, and just feel so inadequate as I can't get a job now I've finished my contract. I'm living back home with my parents, have no friends here and feel lousy. My twin followed me onto the same course and has got a job in the industry and living in the capital. I just have such low self esteem now. :( Has anybody else experienced this?

Tufty
26-06-13, 12:10
Hello and :welcome: Becka,

I haven't graduated or got a twin but I can relate to the position you are in and how that is affecting your self esteem. Unfortunately some things in life are down to luck and your twin has been more fortunate than you in finding a job. However you have the same qualification and there is no reason why you can't replicate her success. Are you still applying for jobs? Are you working on you self esteem? There are many ways to improve your self esteem and things that you can do to improve your confidence in yourself. Confidence comes from within and there are many books and info on the web about how to improve yours.
Sam