PDA

View Full Version : Psychological Man Flu

W.I.F.T.S.
07-10-06, 11:33
Sorry for starting another topic.

I'm wondering whether I'm really as ill as I think or whether I'm suffering from psychological man flu? I've been to group therapy sessions and felt like I needed to be locked away, but nobody has really seen that much wrong with me. Is a lot of it self-pity and being mard? Could I really get over it if I pulled myself together and toughened up?

By the way, I do feel strange today. i feel kind of normal, but built up at the same time. I had an urge to just throw my cereal bowl in te air before. Don't like [xx(]

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

poppy
07-10-06, 17:22
Hi,
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good. Dont beat yourself up about it. Its always bad to compare yourself to others because we all look fine its the thoughts and the feelings that are the problem.
You certainly dont need locking up. I get silly thoughts about throwing things but i never do it and neither will you. Its just anxiety trying to trick & scare us.
I think we all have a certain amount of self pity so dont feel bad about that. Its a terrible thing to go through. Try and stay positive and believe that you will get over this.
I hope the group has helped you and you start to feel better soon.
Take Care
Poppy