PDA

View Full Version : Hands not working

j2
26-06-13, 06:00
For lack of a better description, my hands are not working correctly. My thumbs and index fingers have been twitching and my hand muscles have cramped painlessly. I feel like I am uncoordinated and weak.

I am a long time sufferer of HA and not on any meds. I have been having tons of anxiety lately and this is sending me over the edge. I am 42, male and in decent shape but I smoke way to much.

Anyone able to relate to this?

Thanks

AceOfSpades
26-06-13, 08:52
Hi j2

I can semi relate to what you say and RSI as my hands will go numb and not work properly if I'm over tired I can type but my hands will not do what my brain tells them.

My hand just go all strange it is very disturbing and also if I change from computer to my phone to quick I lose all use of my hands they feel all fuzzy and useless.

Mr m anxious
26-06-13, 16:03
J2, it's your anxiety causing your issues, ignore the twitches and numbness, it's worse cos you are focusing on it believe me I've been there.

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Also smoking is a stimulant, it makes it worse, I'm a smoker too and have been told this a few times by docs.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Also smoking is a stimulant, it makes it worse, I'm a smoker too and have been told this a few times by docs.

Granny Primark
26-06-13, 16:09
I suffered with a similar thing years ago. I had blood tests done. (I knew what they thought it could be cus id been a carer for years)
However I found out it was due to trapped nerves in my kneck due to whiplash cus id been in a car accident a few years before.
We always think the worse.
Good luck. Im sure its nothing to worry bout. But just mention it to your doc.:hugs:

joelhall
26-06-13, 16:16
Well firsty, you really need to stop smoking, which is a high risk factor for anxiety and panic attacks. It may be down to anxiety, although it's possible there may be an underlying problem, such as B12 deficiency or RSI.

aggiecuttler
26-06-13, 17:44
anxiety causes panic which lessens the oxygen in your system hence sometimes extremities go numb panic has a lot to answer for, not easy to get through these times but hang in there and try and reduce your smoking if you can this would keep you distracted from health issues blessings