PDA

View Full Version : Now freaking out about lymphoma

cattia
26-06-13, 08:26
Well, I seem to be jumping from one fear to the next. I am getting my blood test results back today and already I am freaking about about lymphoma which I wasn't even worried about until this morning when I decided to check the lymph nodes on my neck and found a swollen one above my collar bone. I know these are really key nodes for lymphoma and I have had some mild night sweating, waking up with a damp chest and neck. Someone I know is being tested for lymphoma and is waiting for a biopsy and that's because he had a swollen node above the collarbone so I am now totally freaking out! I wouldn't have noticed this node if I hadn't checked it but now I think it is visibly bigger than the other side of my neck.

Darren1
26-06-13, 15:45
Well, I seem to be jumping from one fear to the next. I am getting my blood test results back today and already I am freaking about about lymphoma which I wasn't even worried about until this morning when I decided to check the lymph nodes on my neck and found a swollen one above my collar bone. I know these are really key nodes for lymphoma and I have had some mild night sweating, waking up with a damp chest and neck. Someone I know is being tested for lymphoma and is waiting for a biopsy and that's because he had a swollen node above the collarbone so I am now totally freaking out! I wouldn't have noticed this node if I hadn't checked it but now I think it is visibly bigger than the other side of my neck.

My doctor told me its time to worry if you start growing a golf ball on your neck etc...

From what I have read, even advanced lymphoma is very treatable because chemo works very well on the lymphatic system.