PDA

View Full Version : Weird bladder problems

Mezzanin
26-06-13, 10:57
Does anybody experience this and could it be anxiety?
I have an intermittent burning sensation after peeing? It is not really painful just uncomfortable.
I also urinate frequently and have a low volume of urine.
Sometimes I get the burning feeling before I pee but usually if I have not drunk much and my urine is darker.
If I drink enough I am ok.
I don't have a UTI
I saw a urologist on Friday he said my bladder looked healthy.

Invisibletouch
26-06-13, 11:11
I get this from time to time. Its not actually as you're going, its an uncomfortable irritated feeling afterwards which can last a while, or sometimes goes off relatively quickly. It can make you feel miserable. I also have had tests and all was fine. I try and drink plenty of water when this happens, also cranberry juice can help. I sometimes find that fizzy drinks can set it off!!

swajj
26-06-13, 11:49
I can relate as well. Iy is actually how I ended up on this board again in January. I was worried about my low voume of urine output and why it wa sometimes dark throughout the day. If you make the dreaded mistake os trying to google you will scare yourself to death. Anyway long story shorter I private messaged a retired neurologist who is a member here and he told me that thr colour of urine is dymamic throughout the day and depending on how dehydrated your body is urine colour and amount of output will chane. My doctor told me that youl can drink a lotre of water and only 200 mls might make it to your bladder. The body takes what it needs. Also he said worry only if you drink a few glasses of water and it doesn't get lighter. I've had a UTI since then and some tests. All results were good.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

I can actually type very well on my laptop just not on this bloody mobile:mad:

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

I got burning when the urine was darker but not when it wa light. You have been to a urologist so that should give reassuance. Maybe ask your doc to do a full blood count bexause that will give ibfo about your kidney function. But I'm sure you atr ok.

Mezzanin
26-06-13, 19:51
Thanks for the replies.I needed some feedback.
Did you both get burning sensations then.
Mine can be intermittent

swajj
27-06-13, 11:43
I got a burning sensation but not all the time. It was very different to the UTI because I was in agony from the burning that caused. I try to drink around 2 litres of water a day now and things are much better. Take a sample of your urine (first morning one) to your doc and ask him/her to send it away for analysis.

Mezzanin
28-06-13, 09:30
Yes, I get a burning sensation buy not all the time too, very weird. I have had UTI's and the burning is definitely worse.
Now it is just intermittent.
Had a cycoscopy the other day and the urologist said my bladder looked very healthy
Thanks agin for your advice
Do you think anxiety causes us to focus extra attention on our bladders

swajj
28-06-13, 13:28
You have had definitive tests and your bladder is fine. The problem with anxiety is that you notice something eg darker urine, less urine etc and you can't remember if it was always that way and so normal for you. You think "I'm sure it was different before" but for the life of you you can't be sure what it was actually like before. Perception is a huge problem for HA sufferers. The burning sensation is probably real but under normal circumstances you would pay it no heed. Now that you do it is constantly on your mind even when you think it isn't so you get the sensation. You look on google and find out that healthy urine should be the colour of pale straw. I told my GP that and he said that urine colour is dynamic and changes throughout the day based on many factors. That is exactly what the retired neuro (RLR) who is a member here told me too. They also both told me the same thing about amount of urine output. If you remember that anxiety can cause frequent urination then it stands to reason that it can ause other problems with urination as well.i:)