PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Body / Legs

sammykaye
26-06-13, 21:27
Hi All

I thoguht Id conquered my attacks but they seem to be back with a whole new range of symptoms lately

The dizziness/lightheadedness I can cope with
The numb arms from elbow down is annoying but manageable
The chest pain and breathlessness Im getting there
Blocked ears - hmmm its ok but not ideal when my job requires me to listen to customers!
palpitations/flushes and dry mouth - been there, done that, conquered you!

but my body has started feeling heavy and today for the second time I experienced heavy legs - as if it was a real effort to walk, like I was wading through mud.

Does anyone else have this feeling or sensation?? This is the main one that is unnerving me especially when I get all the symptoms above and that.

I have seen a doctor and he has reassured me my blood pressure, heart, lungs and temperature are fine and that he believes it to be 'purely anxiety'

x

nomorepanic
26-06-13, 21:29
Hi

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see "similar threads" - have a read of them as it seems quite common

Tufty
26-06-13, 21:53
Yep, I've had a walking through mud day today. I've just started a SSRI again so I believe it's the build up of tension that causes this feeling. I put it on a scale when explaining it to friends walking with concrete wellies on being the hardest, then walking through mud, walking through custard and walking through water. Let's hope it ends up with us walking on air.

sammykaye
26-06-13, 21:58
Thanks Tufty - Whats an SSRI?

Im glad others have this feeling......I dont feel so weird and alone now :D

Tufty
27-06-13, 11:30
An SSRI is a type of anti depressant - selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, they are the most common type prescribed for anxiety and depression and include drugs like Prozac and Citalopram

sandralynn92
27-06-13, 22:07
I too experience this and have asked on the forum a few times if anyone else has experienced it .
i get this way a lot, i feel like my legs are going to snap in half from the "Weight" the only way i can describe it is a feeling of carrying cement blocks around with me

it's been around for a few months, and i've figured it hasn't killed me or made me incredibly ill yet it probably won't

anxiety causes a wide variety of symptoms, the heavy legs are unfortunately included :weep: