PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

martin1969
07-10-06, 20:39
Hi, have just found this site and it has really helped.

I have just started to suffer from this and I am finding it hard to come to grips with how debilitating it can be. I have always been an outdoor person and have never really had any health issues.

Recently I had a major panic attack and not knowing what was going on ended up in the local cardiac ward. I have been checked out and have been told that I am in top physical health, but each night I feel cornered and helpless and this wave floods over me.

but finding out I am not alone has helped me and I hope this site and the people on it will get me through.

mazzatazza
07-10-06, 20:50
hi martin ive only been on this site 3 days and yes i was shocked how many people suffer from panic attacks are you on any meds i am sertraline panic attacks frighten the hell out of me but just ride them out i used to count the alphabet over and over again people on here are lovely and hope you get some good advice and help take care mazza

mrs m bevis

Melxxx
07-10-06, 20:57
Hi Martin,

Welcome too the forum :D nice too know you are not on your own I know it was for me. You will get loads of advise on here.

Mel xxx

belle
07-10-06, 21:04
Hi Martin,
You are definitely NOT alone!

SarahC

GAD
07-10-06, 21:27
Hi Martin

Welcome
This site will help - Im sure!!

clickaway
07-10-06, 21:33
Welcome Martin.

I have been admitted to the local hospitals as an emergency case three times, and they said I was in perfect health too!

It certainly all is in the mind as on another occasion my panics stopped as soon as the ambulancemen arrived!

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

honeybee3939
07-10-06, 21:37
Hi Martin

A BIG warm welcome to you !

Your certainly not alone !

Love

Andrea
xxx

normalwisdom
07-10-06, 21:37
Hi Martin and welcome to the site I am sure you will find lots of help here....I did.:D

Steph

nomorepanic
07-10-06, 21:41
Hi Martin

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope you get some great help and support here.

Nicola

Amber
07-10-06, 23:14
Hi Martin, i'm new on here too and have found it fantastic! You will get lots of support from people who understandand and make new friends!
Try the chat room too it helps!
Take Care
Amber x [8D]

Amber

yorkylover
08-10-06, 00:23
Hi Martin,you will get lots of advise hear,and make many friends going through the same as you.I have learnt so much from this forum.
Take care;):);)

Ellen XX

tam
08-10-06, 10:18
HI MARTIN ,WELCOME TO THE SITE IT HAS HELPED ME LOADS ON HERE YOU ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK TO WHO UNDERSTANDS ITS GREAT . HOPE YOU FIND IT AS HELPFUL AS ME THE PEOPLE ARE GREAT.TC TRACY

trac67
08-10-06, 13:21
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

scoobygirl2005
08-10-06, 13:42
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

mad_shell66
08-10-06, 16:29
hi martin,

welcome to no more panic

shellxx

Two heads
09-10-06, 09:46
Hi martin!
I known how scarey it is when you frist start to suffer panick but with a little help you will over come this horrid gremlin to a control level!!!
Mine all started last december and im now on meds{citalopram}which i do find help take the edge off.
If you ever need to chat just feel free to pm.
Good luckxxx

wobily_lin
09-10-06, 13:32
Hi Martin,

A warm welcome to the site. Glad to have you on board matey.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx