PDA

View Full Version : Anxious of going abroad for business alone, first time!

LittleSongbird
27-06-13, 04:24
Hi everyone,

It seems a few months since I last visited here.

This Saturday I will have to go to Singapore for work, on a plane, and live a lone for a month. You know that in the past I had GAD, Panic attacks and pure O. Yes I still feel anxious by now, and it should be I know. I just worry that I may have a small panic attack when I'm on a plane haha.

I really want you to share experience and encourage me. This is my first time. I will grow strong. I won't stay around my safe place anymore, and I'm not a little girl anymore :)

Thank you so much

Love you :X

Elizabethlemon
27-06-13, 13:03
I had a panic attack on a plane once. It was terrifying. But im still alive! Now, when I bard a plane I tell the nicest looking attendant "hi, I have anxiety. I may or may not have a panic attack, but it eases my mind if someone knows". And it really does. You won't feel as alone on the plane and he or she will keep a patient eye on you. That's just what helps me. Good luck! But you don't need luck, you can do it.

LittleSongbird
28-06-13, 06:33
I had a panic attack on a plane once. It was terrifying. But im still alive! Now, when I bard a plane I tell the nicest looking attendant "hi, I have anxiety. I may or may not have a panic attack, but it eases my mind if someone knows". And it really does. You won't feel as alone on the plane and he or she will keep a patient eye on you. That's just what helps me. Good luck! But you don't need luck, you can do it.

Thank you so much. I now I won't die out there haha but I don't want to feel uncomfortable. Maybe I will try to relax when I'm on the clouds :D

LittleSongbird
29-06-13, 16:44
I had a small panic when I was on a plane this morning, but I passed it and tested it. It was nothing but a bunch of anxious

but now I'm getting homesick. Cry a lot.

I really want to go home. Or maybe because I was in the safety behaviors too long

Speranza
29-06-13, 17:12
Hey you did it! Well done! Remember it won't be too long before you are home again. All these experiences are great for developing us as people, giving us lots of memories and more things to talk about - every day that you do something different, you become an even more interesting person.

I hope the smog isn't too bad there at the moment.

Gill xx

LittleSongbird
30-06-13, 02:52
Hey you did it! Well done! Remember it won't be too long before you are home again. All these experiences are great for developing us as people, giving us lots of memories and more things to talk about - every day that you do something different, you become an even more interesting person.

I hope the smog isn't too bad there at the moment.

Gill xx

Thank you Gill. I worry that I may have panic attack in the strange country. And as I go to work, I don' want my colleague and my boss see me in this situation, which seems make me worse.

I was recovered but now when I step outside the country It seems coming back. I know it SHOULD be because I'm a lone in a strange country but can't help thinking about negative outcomes and threats. I know that I won't be harmed but just scared of having panic attacks in front of the people.

Speranza
30-06-13, 10:39
If I were you, I would keep visualising when you are back home. Just take it one moment at a time and tell yourself this is a chance to grow, to go home with the memory that you made it, that you are stronger than you thought.

Butterflies have to take time to dry their wings before they can fly. Picture yourself sitting in the sun of a foreign place, growing strong wings to fly with when you return. x

Sparkle1984
30-06-13, 12:55
I think you are doing very well. :) I'd be very nervous about having to live and work in a different country on my own for a month, in fact I don't think I'd be able to cope with it and I'm a few years older than you.

Try not to worry about other people seeing you have a panic attack, chances are they are so busy getting on with their own lives that they won't really notice.

To avoid you getting too homesick, do you have any means of staying in touch with your family and friends back home, eg via Skype?

LittleSongbird
30-06-13, 15:53
Thank you Gil and Sparkle1984. You guys know me since I was a little girl very scared and knew nothing about GAD and panic attacks. As a last topic I wrote that I was recovered, you helped me a lot on my recover path, so I could take courage, graduated, and then apply, took a test, interviewed etc and passed and now officially working for foreign company. My little brain has so much things to do with it. It will worry a lot, and I accept that. It is just weird when step the foot on the strange country, alone and have to take care everything...

I always chat skype and Viber with my parents and my fiance. He cares about me a lot. I miss them so much. One more thing, the food here is the thing I can't get use to. It made me stomach ache and nausea. Can't eat cheap food here without knowing where is the good place :(

I miss them so much...