PDA

View Full Version : Going for 2nd opinion tomorrow with different GP

Darren1
27-06-13, 09:08
Hello

I am so nervous again - I am going to see the senior GP at my surgery tomorrow for a 2nd opinion on my swollen glands for the past few weeks.

I am so worried she is going to see alarm bells when she feels my neck.
The only comfort I have is that it hasn't got worst. But not getting better is a big worry.

What have other people found happens when you see a different GP?

Shivmarie
27-06-13, 10:30
I find it can sometimes be a hindrence, seeing too many GPs they're not ALL aware of your history etc, its like starting it ALL over again, ive seen a few different doctors and its not done much more for me tbh, im sure your fine though i see you've been there alot with this? x

nomorepanic
27-06-13, 10:39
If she says the same as the other doc will you then accept it Darren?

Darren1
27-06-13, 11:06
If she says the same as the other doc will you then accept it Darren?

I will have to give it a try! Maybe it will buy me a couple of weeks of worrying less before they need to run a 3rd blood test in middle of July.

I spoke to my mom last night and she told me about a problem with her toungue which she was back and fore the doctors with for 6 weeks worried about it.

In the end she said she had to give up and live with it. Then one day she realised what was causing it - her false teeth! The doctors didnt even spot that one!

Darren1
01-07-13, 07:47
Hello

Well I saw the 2nd doctor for another opinion and she also was very reassuring.

She said that they are looking for glands which are much bigger than mine. She said my blood results are most reassuring especially because my CRP is undetectable.

She repeated the last doctor saying to come back in 2 weeks if no better and they will run bloods again. I'm so fed up, I feel like they are just waiting for something to crop up on the bloods and then suddenly the picture will change :(

She said I have no reason whatsoever to be panicing !

I have to say, this time I did not feel any reassurance . I need answers now, not reassurance.

LF87
01-07-13, 09:33
I feel the same about needing answers. I've got a new sore thing on my tongue and I'm in total panic. They keep telling me there's nothing wrong. But to physically feel or see something and ignore it is very hard. So sick now :( Hope you feel ok today.