PDA

View Full Version : UTI and chest xray - PROGRESS

Shivmarie
27-06-13, 10:29
So i went to the docs yesterday with my list of symptoms and timeline, and expressed my concerns that it had stemmed from when i had came out of hospital.
Anyway she did a urine sample and told me almost instantly i was showing signs of an infection, she has also gave me a xray form for my chest (finally) she gave me a full check over, taking a lot of time listening to my chest front and back, all stats were fine, felt tummy was ok, did a few neuro tests (?)
I've got some antibiotics, and advised me to start taking my proponol.
I still feel crap but at least i know whats causing it, off too CBT later, i feel its working slightly already. Ive had one or two headaches over the last week and ive literally just dismissed them and carried on, not thought anything sinister, so every little helps! x

Freaked
27-06-13, 17:28
Yeah, one day when I felt particularly awful and went to hospital it turned out I had an asymptomatic uti and slight fever. The antibiotics helped me feel surprisingly better.

fluff
27-06-13, 17:33
You poor thing shivmarie, least you got help finally uti makes you feel awful and I remember when I had mine my anxiety was so much worse too :-) you feel better in couple days take care x

Shivmarie
28-06-13, 17:21
Yep exactly. The antibiotics have made me feel crappy, and my chest/breathing stuff is playing up today :-( x

fluff
28-06-13, 17:24
Oh shivmarie thats a shame I think I felt bit crap on them aswell really tired I was x

Shivmarie
28-06-13, 17:43
What antibiotics were you on? I'm on the ones beginning with T, trimethoprim I think x

fluff
28-06-13, 18:37
I cant remember I think it began with a c but ive had trimethopin before and was allergic so I thought anyway xx

Shivmarie
28-06-13, 18:40
Yeah my breathing/chest is worst than normal. I'm starting to think its something in these :-(

fluff
28-06-13, 19:20
Try not to worry I actually went abit funny with my anxiety on them and thought alsorts I even had paramedics out on those before :blush: but only to find I was ok xx

Shivmarie
28-06-13, 19:50
Lol Christ fluff your'll send me on one.
Everytime I wall round I'm feeling out of breath but have been up in bed all day

fluff
28-06-13, 19:56
Sorry its what I did I was having postnatal depression at the time and you go like that abit funny but its scary and you believe everything is against you I thought my docs were poisoning me lol
You just have a uti :D

Shivmarie
28-06-13, 20:24
It's strange the kidney thing is manageable but my chest is really playing up. X

fluff
28-06-13, 20:25
Just try and chill B-) you be ok how long you on the antibiotics for?

Shivmarie
28-06-13, 20:32
I'm on them for a week started the Thursday night but the chest thing is making me distressed now I'm scared to get up and walk about now starting to upset me

fluff
28-06-13, 20:36
Ok well you could call nhs direct I spose see what they think im sure you be fine xx

Shivmarie
28-06-13, 20:47
I was trying to do that bit them tried to stop myself and calm myself down, as I'm trying to reason I do not have any pain, or major discomfort it's just a little tight and my deep breathing I've been doing over the last week I imagine hasn't helped. Tried to reason that my stats were all normal Thursday she listened to my chest front and back for quite a while. It's also more round my ribs. It reminds me of when I came out of hospital after my op and I had excess gas they pumped in me, I was like it for a few days after. Reluctant to take my anti biotic as its worsened this afternoon

fluff
28-06-13, 20:50
You need to finish the course so the doctors told me im sure its the uti making you feel like this it can heighten anxiety xxx

Shivmarie
28-06-13, 22:04
Yeah I'm in bed a little more relaxed now. Just a little, I'm told I can take diazepam too x

nicola1980
29-06-13, 01:11
Hi I've just had a uti and it was awful my anxiety went through the roof and i felt so ill with it that I've been in bed for most of the week, uti can play havoc with our mental health according to my doctor, it took me a good 5 days on the antibiotics to start to feel better, hope you feel better soon x x

Shivmarie
29-06-13, 12:51
Thanks Nic, what tablets were you on I realised I'm on diff ones I was on before. Tests ones were 4mg these are 200mg which is why I feel awful. If my chest loosened I'd feel ok x

nicola1980
29-06-13, 14:48
I was on amoxcillian 500mg x x