PDA

View Full Version : D/P and D/R

Lizzy
27-06-04, 08:36
<center>When I experience D/R or D/P, when I don't "feel like myself" or part of the human race, I find it very difficult to look into mirrors as I don't feel like the person that is looking back at me. Does this sound absolutely crazy? I find it quite frightening. Please give me some feed back.

Love Liz</center>

kate
27-06-04, 09:45
Liz,

I also have the depersonalisation constantly.

With regard to the looking in the mirror, I get the same feelings and then stare even harder at myself which makes it worse.

Do you also get it when talking to other people? Like you look at their faces and parts of their features seem to disappear and they look real strange?

Kate x

Lizzy
27-06-04, 10:54
Hiya Kate
Thanks for your reply. When these strange thigs happen to you, you think you are the only one, it is happening to, so it's reassuring to know I am not alone. Sorry it doesn't happen with other peoples faces, not with me anyway. Maybe someone else will post with the same problem.

Love Liz

kate
27-06-04, 11:10
Hiya Liz,

Glad to have been of some help.

Probably just me with the other peoples face thing!!!

I always have been very strange!

Kate x

Robertomac
27-06-04, 12:26
Hi Kate

I sometimes get the thing with other people's faces. It's like I look at them and wonder if they're real, almost like they are appearing in 2D! Very weird. I tend to find this occurs mainly under certain types of lighting.

Rob

kate
27-06-04, 14:19
Hi Rob,

Phew, not just me then!!

Kate x