PDA

View Full Version : Extremely panicked right now!

megt
27-06-13, 11:09
I'm going to my friends later to stay with her and another one of my friends but I'm so ridiculously stressed out about it for no reason, I feel close to a panic attack so I came on here to vent/distract myself. Feel really terrible right now and so close to not going but I don't want to let her down. I have absolutely no reason to be stressed/worried about going but I feel like I'm having a breakdown over it.

flori
27-06-13, 11:23
Megt,

I know they are awfully frightening. I`m the same, have arranged to take my sister out at 1.00pm and the thoughts start. But I know I have felt like this before and nothing will happen. So I`m going to have my shower and keep telling myself that. It is fear of going out for me, but I need to do it.

I will be fine and so will you:hugs:

Col
27-06-13, 14:35
I've felt like this before and it's totally irrational. I can not believe what used to set me off. Doing 5 minute drive to collect my daughter from school every afternoon my heart would race a good hour building up to it OR people visiting me I'd feel like I was being suffocated and would get sooo stressed about it & my breathing would go weired and freak me out even more!

BUT that's panic it has a mind of its own. My advice ride the wave and go & maybe once your there you'll calm down BUT if this feeling is really strong and making you feel physically unwell and you genuinely feel like you can't do it , then - don't! But you then need to work on ways to over come the feelings that stopped you from going.

Take care

megt
29-06-13, 23:07
Thank you both for the help, I got through it and had a good time.

I hope the shopping went okay flori :)

flori
29-06-13, 23:23
Good that you went to your friends and you were ok, just as I was and we will do it again and be fine.