PDA

View Full Version : Heart racing and disorientation when I wake up at night

GirlAfraid23
27-06-13, 15:48
This seems to be happening frequently lately.
I wake up in the early hours with my heart racing and a sudden feeling of disorientation & panic.
Does this sound like anxiety? I'm worried its my heart.

nomorepanic
27-06-13, 16:07
Hi

It sounds like anxiety. Scroll down to the bottom and there are similar threads about it as well

nicola1980
27-06-13, 16:22
Hi I've been having this alot recently it was particulary bad last night :-( Im just raving it down to this horrible anxiety lark x x

Leah52
27-06-13, 16:23
I have panic attacks at night and this is exactly how I wake up feeling. Do some deep breathing/relaxation exercises and you will feel better in about 10 minutes. If it was your heart you would feel progressively worse when it happens.

Freaked
27-06-13, 18:05
Had this a lot for a while. Part of it for me I think was I was taking xanax too close to bed and when it wore off during the night I'd wake up with my heart racing and/or arm gone numb; generally unpleasant. But this happens to my mom like every night and she's not on anything at all. It's actually pretty funny; she sits bolt upright in a panic about something stupid like her lenses haha. How do these things occur to her while she's asleep?