PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations

Ats666
27-06-13, 18:30
I still have palpitations and its driving me crazy. I am trying not to let them get the better of me but its hard. Does anyone else get palpitations constantly and feel like their heart is missing beats? :(

Speranza
27-06-13, 18:50
Not at the moment but I have in the past. I still occasionally get them but I tell myself all the things the doctor told me to reassure me, and I remind myself that all my tests were normal. Have you had tests and were they okay?

Ats666
27-06-13, 19:02
It's been going on for about 8-10 weeks had ECG and bloods all normal, but I'm getting really worried, gp has said it is my anxiety but I'm still worrying xx

nomorepanic
27-06-13, 19:12
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Speranza
27-06-13, 19:13
I can't stop you worrying about it, but I can remind you that it's a vicious circle. They look for very specific things when they check your heart, it is incredibly unlikely they have missed anything, but VERY likely that continued worry is making it worse. Have you checked out the page on here about palpitations which reminds us what to avoid in order to help? (eg Caffeine, alcohol etc)
Sometimes I sit and say to myself, "Wow, it's happening again! How many funny beats am I going to have this time?" and I count them. Then I remind myself it's happened before and I was fine - then I remind myself it's a normal symptom that thousands of healthy people get.
It's you playing tricks on yourself. It will get better if you trust yourself to sort it.

Dollypop
28-06-13, 13:44
I get them every day, I have missed beats/ectopics. I only started getting them around 19 weeks of pregnancy and i'm 32 weeks and still have them. I have had two ECG's and blood tests and my hearts fine but the more i worry the more i get them. They cant harm us, i've seen 4 different doctors and they cant all be wrong. I can get them and they go on for about a hour but as long as you dont have chest pain you will be fine promise x

Globetrotter
31-07-13, 00:08
I got them for the first time about a year ago. First time was the worst ithink as i did not know what hit me and what to do. Went to ER a twice but all was fine. Cardiologist had me take a 14 day HR-monitor but all negative. I always get a few sec advanced warning and If i can and have an episode i try to sit down and relax. I also have a headache the day after.

katielou80
31-07-13, 08:28
i had them CONSTANTLY for 18 months, and i mean constantly at least 15 a minute!! my dr wouldnt even do tests he listerned to my heart and said it was fine! he even felt them in my pulse! he said they are very common and some people have them as a normal heart beat! i went to see him literally every month!! i was so worried! my mum gets them too!! he would only have done tests if i was breathless had chest pains etc. i seriously wouldnt worry!! also my dr said that they are nearly as common as the common cold!! xx