PDA

View Full Version : anxiety its very strange

selinahope
08-10-06, 08:27
i have had anxiety for a while now but i no its getting better and im fighting it. I no it sounds daft but i dont feel panicky but i know i am when the phsyical syptoms come anxiety is really strange. I get up in the morning and i am a bit lightheaded but nothing that concerns me. I am sleeping loads better too which is brill. I am trying so hard but sometimes i can have my bad days. Its ace in the week because i have stuff to do but its weekends i start thinking about my anxiety and it starts off again are other people like this? I have learnt that its all what you think that makes you worse.

How is everyone else?

janie
08-10-06, 14:47
hi selina

yeah i'm the same - i find when I have too much time on my hands my anxiety is much worse - like today. I am a busy person anyway - i have 4 kids and run a business from home but I still think i need to fill in all the gaps with something else.

I would dearly love just to be able to enjoy the free time but my thoughts get the better of me and i jump up and find something else to do.

Oh just to sit and read a good book....................

I do find that distraction is one of the best techniques for coping - the difficult bit is finding something you enjoy, doesn't exhaust you and fully immerses your mind. I'm still looking for that something and I'm bloody well not going to give up!!!

Good luck to you

tc janie xxx

yorkylover
08-10-06, 17:05
Hi Selina,I also find when Im busy its not so bad.Soon as I sit to watch tv or read and especially bed time I start to think about things and I start getting anxious.;)

Ellen XX

net
08-10-06, 18:04
i find if i can keep busy i'm not so bad

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

GAD
09-10-06, 20:50
Im exactly the same. i find that when im busy my anxiety is lessened. but i cant help thinking that i distract my self too much because as soon as i have nothing to do or nothing to distract me my mind works overtime. I would love to be able to just fully relax (as we all would) without the worry IT!! i SOMETIMES FEEL THAT I AM A PRISONER IN MY OWN MIND!!