PDA

View Full Version : Petrified :(

lourah1989
27-06-13, 23:18
Hey guys

So I'm physically and mentally drained ATM, I don't have the energy to do anything I constantly have a cant be bothered attitude all I want to do is sleep is this normal to be so tired when you have anxiety I'm so scared about this ...

I also constantly focus on my breathing no matter what I do I always feel like I'm about to stop breathing :( which is making me have the shakes is this normal :(

I really have given up in life I give up on normality ...

Xxxx

Stormsky
27-06-13, 23:25
Firstly, sorry you are so down, ive been there too.
Stop worrying, We are not conscious breathers, our body does it all on its own, so you won't stop breathing.
Sleeping all day is a sign of depression...Anx does drain you, so you will feel tired.
Being scared keeps the Anx coming, and then more symptoms follow..
So start with not worrying about the breathing...
Are you on meds or getting therapy?

lourah1989
27-06-13, 23:40
Not on any medication and not getting any help I have had mess in past nasty side affects soo came of them I was dealing with it pretty well but lately I find it difficult and that u for ur reply u have put my mind at ease a lil thanks xx

Stu82
30-06-13, 22:45
I have the same symptom and at first it really bothers but then less and less over a couple of weeks. It seems to be quite a common symptom of anxiety as a lot of people do it. As already said our bodies do it for us it's just a case of distracting your attention from it which I know is easily said then done (been bothering me last 2 weeks) but the less you worry the easier it gets. I find exercise good which is a bit difficult to relax into it at first but over a week it'll help make you feel better.

When you have or have been quite anxious for a few days it makes you feel tense inside and anxiety makes us breath shallow which gives you that feeling.

Trust me you will be fine.