PDA

View Full Version : Ups and downs

AJ 70
28-06-13, 03:28
Help!
I fully understand there will be ups and downs whilst going through the process of dealing with anxiety/depression. Just recently within the last month I found myself being away from home on a course for my job, away for 3 nights I became quite down and didn't really sleep, I couldn't wait to get back home to my wife. However when I got home I became very emotional for whole of the weekend, I felt devastated as coming back home was in my mind going to make it all ok. More recently I have has to go through an assessment day for a possible new role within the company I work for due to a massive structure change, I was not too bad all things considered on the approach to and during the assessment however since having it I've began waking in the night having cold sweats and am getting myself worked up about getting the new role and failing miserably. I have been so up best at times I've even forgotten to take my meds ( fluoxetine ) on more than one occasion , would this be contributing to the erratic up and down I've been experiencing recently.

Speranza
28-06-13, 10:19
Hi,
I've only been on Fluoxetine a week so I don't know - I think it is a drug which hangs around in your system so you won't have been totally free of it when you haven't had it, but I would imagine missing doses would not be helpful towards mood regulation... Are you able to make a decision to take it even when it feels like a good day? Or is there someone who can help you to do this? Perhaps you need to discuss it further with the person who prescribed it for you.

AJ 70
28-06-13, 16:53
Thanks for your reply I'm normally so good with meds but i guess when your feeling ok or a lets say a little better then it's easy to get complacent
I have three reminders set on my phone so no excuses really