PDA

View Full Version : Just rambling, got to get some stuff off my chest :(

wendy35107
28-06-13, 10:14
Where do I start!!!

I've been suffering with anxiety for about 2 years now, I'm currently prescribed 10mg of Citalopram daily.

I haven't had an actual "attack" in just under a year now which is brilliant, don't get me wrong, I'm really thrilled with that. I'm just finding the day to day anxiety so so hard to cope with - I'm in floods of tears right now as I type this.

I struggle to sleep most nights with the tightness in my chest making my brain do double time. I suffer really badly with indigestion and of course this manifests itself in my chest which of course makes my crazy brain think I'm having a heart attack / stroke.

I'm having pins and needles in my hands lately and somethimes, though it's quite rare, I get what feels like a blockage in my throat and I struggle to swallow.

Will it ever get any easier? I'm not the girl I used to be, and I miss her so much. I hate having to really consiser everything before I do ANYTHING. I can't do anything anymore without worrying. Every time I go somewhere I think about where the nearest hospital is, who I'm with - Would they know what to do if I had a heart attack, do I trust them?!!
I'm just so sick of this mentality.

I feel like it's really getting me down now, I'm a shadow of my former self and I'm getting worse.

Please tell me there's light at the end of what seems to be a very very dark tunnel.

Love to all that are suffering too, I know I'm not alone and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

jasonp
28-06-13, 11:44
I can relate, I am on 20mg of citalopram, yes it helps take the edge off but anxiety is still there! I also analyse like you do so you're not alone. I've been fine until recently I noticed I have unequal pupils and bam! Anxiety is back in full force! Just go with it, it does and will get easier for you :)

X

Speranza
28-06-13, 11:47
I can't help other than send you lots of love and a hug. And a reminder that it's not just you. And think about it - the girl you miss must be there or you wouldn't be wondering where she is, she would have disappeared from your mind. :hugs:

wendy35107
28-06-13, 11:54
Thank you both, it is incredibly reassuring just knowing that you're not alone and you are not going mad.

I've tried therapy through my doctors and reading various self help books and diet changes etc etc. I know I can learn to live with it, but I don't want to, I just want it to go away.

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate hearing from you :bighug1:

Leah52
28-06-13, 13:27
You might need to ask your dr to up your citalopram a bit, maybe to 20mg. It does get better eventually, it just takes time to retrain your brain.