PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about pets welfare

Trixie
28-06-13, 18:06
Anyone else like this?:weep:

Speranza
01-07-13, 21:15
Sometimes, but my cat is very elderly indeed (18) so I guess it's not too irrational. I try to focus on all the lovely times we have had...

Stormsky
01-07-13, 21:16
Yes worry all the time

Capsaicin
01-07-13, 21:59
When I had a cat, I always worried about her getting into things that would make her sick or running off and being hit by a car.

Now that I'm planning on a bird, I worry about his/her health, too. I've done a lot of research on basic home first aid, possible injuries from toys, environmental stressors, etc.

ever worried
02-07-13, 10:13
Oh yes I worry about my dog all the time,I panic when we are out if we meet dogs that are off the lead in case they bite him, I worry about his health all the time,even checking his poo for any signs of illness. I think we worry because we love them so much.

Steve_T38
03-07-13, 11:04
I had an issue recently. I have other health related anxieties but was slowly getting over them and had stopped the meds etc. When my dog ate rat poison, I coped surprisingly well and wasn't overly worried as the vet said that we caught it in time and she should make a full recovery. BUT, while I was away for a weekend, my mum, who was dog sitting phoned to say the dog had a seizure. This instantly sent me into overdrive. I lost my appetite in a matter of hours, I had diarrhoea, not sleeping. IBS kicked in with a vengeance. We got her checked again by the vet and they said she was fine and it was probably just one of those things (she had one several years ago so its wasn't "new" as such). So she was fine and her old self but three weeks later I am still feeling down, still getting over the IBS, which in itself makes me feel down. Heartburn is a bitch and I am tired through lack of sleep.

I have decided to go back to the docs and go back on the meds but theres a 2-3 week waiting list!! Typical!