PDA

View Full Version : How Long For Blood Test Results To Come Back In?

lb76696
28-06-13, 21:54
I had a Blood Test Today testing for Platelet Counts e.t.c. because I have Petechiae and some small Bruises. If it was something serious like Leukaemia would I have been rang straight away or not? They are saying I have to want for the results on Thursday.

Thank You .
xxx

nomorepanic
28-06-13, 21:55
The doc would probably not be told yet so maybe Monday.

lb76696
28-06-13, 21:57
So if it was serious they wouldn't be told until Monday you are saying? I only ask because my Cousin has Leukaemia and she got rang within an hour of the Blood Test.xxx

The doc would probably not be told yet so maybe Monday.

nomorepanic
28-06-13, 22:02
Oh in that case then I expect nothing has been found.

I meant that the doc may not see them until Monday

lb76696
28-06-13, 22:05
In general though, does anyone know if the lab always usually look at them the same day or not? Even if the Doctor themselves don't receive them back for a few days.xxx

cattia
28-06-13, 22:14
I had a blood test a number of years ago and it turned out my blood sugar was dangerously low. They sent am emergency doctor to my house that night to tell me I had to eat chocolate (unbelievable, but true)so I know they looked at them that day.

nomorepanic
28-06-13, 22:41
I have no idea but I would think so yes.

almamatters
29-06-13, 09:13
Not saying this is the case every time, but a friend was rang within 3 hours after having a blood tests where something quite serious showed up. My last one came back in 2 days (which I thought was very quick and began to worry) but it was all normal . :flowers:

gwhite73
01-07-13, 17:04
I had a blood test for something unrelated and they found that my platelets were low at 53. I had the blood test done in the morning and was called that same evening, so if there was anything to worry about, they'd have found it by now.

I think the samples get sent to the hospital around lunchtime and the results come back the same day. That's how it seems to work with us anyway.

By the way my platelets are still low, but they are still being monitored. There are many reasons why platelets can be low, and not all of them are serious issues.