PDA

View Full Version : Hi there! Currently going through health anxiety for about a week!

JCRyanDenton
28-06-13, 23:22
Decided to join this forum as im desperate to meet some fellow anxiety sufferers.

Im gonna introduce myself as quickly as i can. I am 16 years old and i have been suffering from anxiety for around 4 years now. My anxiety started due to being treated poorly and unfairly at a previous secondary school i went to, which was a special needs one since the staff at my primary school believed i had autism (due to having temper tantrums and being an outright ******* back then...i have improved regarding this as that was due to immaturity), but at this school i was often yelled at by other pupils for no good reason and i started to develop an anxiety about doing the wrong thing all the time around these pupils. But later on i left that school after it got really bad and was homeschooled for about a year, i was then put on prozac to help with my anxiety. It worked...but too well, ended up putting me into a drugged up state, where i could barely feel any real emotions and was very tired all the time. Then when i did go to another school things looked better at first...then the pupils turned on me due to the fact i had a few disagreements with them, and ended up excluding me from social contact or just treating me like i didn't exist...i could go into more detail about that now but i honestly don't feel like it.

Right now i am going through anxiety about developing pulmonary embolism, i have these annoying chest pains every so often, but i get this tingling sensation (its not painful but just annoying) when i feel anxious, and despite being given a check up by a doctor (checked my heart, blood pressure, temp and breathing) i am still worrying about it. Earlier today i was relativly calm about it, but only at night did i start to develop anxiety over it.

This is the second anxiety forum i have tried joining, the other one i attempted to join didn't really give me any attention and just seemed to be a rather quiet community, i am not asking for loads of attention but it does help if i am given some right now.

But yeah thats my story pretty much. My grammer is usually more sophisicated than this but i don't feel like overthinking this post, i just wanted to get this out.

Speranza
30-06-13, 16:51
Hi there, I'm new too and I've found lots of really helpful articles here about the symptoms you are describing. That's a good place to start. People are very friendly and I am sure someone else will reply soon. :)

menopausalminnie
30-06-13, 17:08
Oh Dear - Take some comfort that you are not alone :bighug1:

JCRyanDenton
30-06-13, 17:30
Oh Dear - Take some comfort that you are not alone :bighug1:

Its been getting better for the last two days, the health anxiety that is anyway.

peelio81
30-06-13, 17:35
Those symptoms are so common with anxiety, i've had them countless times. Try and take your mind of it when it happens by doing something you enjoy. I stick on a good game on the xbox and within 5 mins i'm starting to feel better.

Hang in there :)