PDA

View Full Version : Concussion?

Rachel W
29-06-13, 07:57
I banged the side of my head a week ago (I was arguing and already upset with my bf and so after getting in the car and banging the side of my head as I got in it made me feel worse, especially as he did not have any sympathy for me). I was really scared I had a concussion just because I fear head injuries.

I did not lose consciousness. As far as I know I did not have any confusion at all but I was upset so felt a little off anyway. I even went for a 3 mile gentle walk later on. The only thing was I was getting a few sharp pains where I had hit my head and a little behind my left eye but no general headache. In the evening the same sharp pains and ache at the back which felt like muscle tension where the neck muscle meets the base of the skull.

I had a little blurry vision in the left eye too, but I had been crying a lot and also had put cream on my face so sometimes my eyes get blurry. (I already have some blurriness which I think is caused by me being on the computer for 8 hours a day in the evening and staying up very late).

So, I also did not get really tired (except for a short while after walking as I had only slept a few hours the night before but I walked again and had energy just a few minutes later).

The only thing that is worrying me is because I was so paranoid about me having a concussion I kept pressing my head where I hit it and so I kept getting surface pain there (although it didn't actually feel tender after the first day) and so all week I kept getting surface pains in that area and also where my neck muscle meets the back of my skull. I have been stressing about my head, so the past few days I have been getting some tension headaches and pressure behind my eyes.

From what I have read, if you have a concussion, you either lose consciousness or have some mental confusion at the time.
Could I have a concussion or would I be having other issues. I did have some dizziness a couple of days after when I was feeling the pressure, but it is also my time of the month this week and I usually get some dizziness with this.

Concussions really scare me.

---------- Post added at 02:57 ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 ----------

By the way, the blurriness goes away when I look through a pinhole so I assume it is a focusing NOT a brain issue.

Em.ma
29-06-13, 08:40
Hiya a banged my head a few days ago on a metal box thing on the wall at work. Hurt at the time and now thinking about it did have a few sharp pains that night but I has already forgotten about bump.
Your be fine. I used to worry about these things all the time but have managed to say to my self our heads need a bloody good hard hit before any damage is caused. Our skulls are stronger than we think. By a hard bit I mean concrete or having something of great weight like 20kg dropped on your head.
Your ok :)