PDA

View Full Version : I'll beat this AGAIN....

mel1972
29-06-13, 14:18
I first came to this site 4 years ago after losing my mum..
I went through hell, was on sertraline and suffered with HA in silence as didn't want my friends to know how bad it was..
People on here were a total godsend and it took a good 2.5 years to get myself back to as good as it was gonna get where I was having more good days than bad and not waking up and my first thought is whats wrong with me today.
Now I have lost my Dad, (2 weeks ago) and although it wasn't as much as a shock as losing my mum, slowly but surely the HA is kicking back in..
I thought I had everything before, but this time I am suffering aches and pains in legs, cramps in lower abdomen, tiredness most of the time and spaced out a lot...
My main fear is leaving my kids who although are 20 and 18 i am all they now have got.
I know I will get through this but just needed to get it off my chest...
Thank you for listening

:doh:

Gee
29-06-13, 14:20
Wow be brave you can do it and everyone is here for support I can't imagine what it's like losing a parent so I can't fully understand but happy to offer any support and advice u need xx

karlyo
29-06-13, 21:36
Im sorry to hear of your loss.

Im also back after a recurrence having beaten this once already. It feels so rubbish to slip back to old ways. And I am exactly like you, before I even open my eyes I start wondering if I will have a headache, or feel dizzy etc that day. And once you get into that habit its incredibly hard to break it, and in my experience, if you wake up worrying about a symptom, you will have it before long.

Lots of luck to you!

cattia
29-06-13, 21:39
So sorry to hear about your dad. I think the reaction you're experiencing is totally natural. Remember once you've beaten it once it will never be quite as bad as that first time because this time you know that no matter how hard things get, you WILL feel better and feel normal again.

mel1972
29-06-13, 22:31
Thanks guys, i know how to deal with past symptoms but this IBS
Or at least I think that's it is all new to me!
Can someone advise if they have suffered on and off all day with abdominal cramps and pains!!?
Bloody stress and anxiety - I hate letting myself get beaten again?!? :o(
Any advice re IBS would be appreciated. Xx
Thank you again for your replies it means a lot knowing I am not
alone xx