PDA

View Full Version : Negative thoughts bringing bad health???

melishaxoxo
29-06-13, 20:42
So lately I have been feeling like I cant do life anymore. My eye health is poor, I wake up feeling like this life is just a dream, like this is not really who I am.. a girl having these health issues, anxiety and tinnitus. Nothing feels real no more, not even memories, it feels like it happened to someone else. I do not think I am happy. Then I wonder why am I cursed like this? Has someone put a spell on me? I have watched the film "The Secret" and it talks about how our thoughts control whatever happens in our life. They say if you think negative then negative energy and bad health becomes the physical and when you think positive good things come your way. I dont know about this, I used to be positive alot because i was in good health so now that i feel pain almost everyday it tends to cast a dark shadow in my life and I am trying to think positive but when all these symptoms happen i cant help but think my life is not going the way i want it to. I am 26 and other girls my age are having the time of their life while i am up and down to the doctors with some problem or all i want to do is lie in bed and not see the world as i get tired of it all and trying to keep up feeling okay when im not :( does anyone else feel the same?

cattia
29-06-13, 20:58
I totally understand what you mean, but I just don't buy this philosophy. I don't think people suffer because they think negative thoughts and I think this kind of philosophy can encourage self blame. Let's think about all those people who are poor, or have been abused, or live in a war zone etc etc. They simply are not in that situation because they are manifesting their own negative thoughts.
When it comes to health, I do believe strongly in a mind body connection. I have experienced numerous physical symptoms over the years,sometimes quite severe, that I know have stemmed from my own stress of or anxiety. There is plenty of evidence that stress is damaging to our health. So I suppose in so.e ways certain illnesses can be a result of negative thinking. However, I have a friend who has ALS WiFi is an illness many of us fear. She is the most positive person you could come across. Despite being very disabled, she does everything she still can. She encourages other people all the time, looks at the good in everything and appreciates each day. I wish I could be more like her.
I think that the way we think about and approach life affects how much we get out of it, but I don't think you are to blame for your health problems. It's hard, but try to focus on what you can do and what you can give. Some of the other girls you see may look happy but you never know what is really going on in their lives and how they really feel.