PDA

View Full Version : Recurring abdominal pain and health anxiety

lofwyr
30-06-13, 04:43
So, off and on for a year or little more, I have had intermittent pain left of my navel inside. It feels similar to heartburn as far as sensations are concerned, but does not rise up in my chest. It sometimes feels slightly exacerbated when I drink a hot beverage, for a moment after I swallow, like something is burned by it.

It is not all th time, sometimes gone for days, or even a couple of weeks before returning to haunt me. I have been to the GP twice for it and the irt time he had me cut out dairy, that made no noticeable difference. The second time he still seemed very unconcerned. I have tried to tie it to different foods without success (gluten, acidic foods etc) to no effect.

I keep coming back to some sort of cancer, in spite of no other symptoms to speak of. I cannot shake the recurrence of fear, regardless of the fact that I have had his a year with no progression, but no absence of it. My logical mind knows it is probably just IBS or some general anxiety induced unpleasantness, but the HA side keeps me worried.

Anyone else experience this long term, low grade HA episodes before, or even the same stomach issue?

Thanks for hearing me vent...

lofwyr
01-07-13, 02:23
Heh, the silence is deafening.

Has anyone had acid feelings not in their chest?

Shivmarie
01-07-13, 11:42
Yeah i feel like the just below the breastbone, its really unsettling. i keep getting vibrstions in my abdomen.
I had surgery on my abdomen in April so im always concerned if its anything to do with this x