PDA

View Full Version : Can't go on like this anymore, so depressed

lilly-lou
30-06-13, 08:46
I've struggled with anxiety and depression since I was a teenager but the last year my depression has been so bad. I am on meds for my anxiety which have helped more than I can say with my agoraphobia but the depression, well it's off the scales.

I have zero confidence and self esteem is none existent. My hubby doesn't help matters, he is so disrespectful shows me no love or affection, I know my marriage has been over for a long time but there's no way my O/H will let me go without making my life a total nightmare (tried it last year the worst experience of my life) he will leave me and the kids with nothing

I can't go on like this but just don't know what to do to make things better. I don't want to get out of bed or do anything. I'm totally run down and have lots all my fight. I don't know who I am anymore feel like I'm lost and things that have happened to me in my life has killed, bit by bit, me as a person off. I don't have any family and no friends for support. I'm so lonely and crave some attention and love, I've long forgotten what that's like

aggiecuttler
30-06-13, 09:21
hello, so your depression has not been treated? you need anti depressants for this it will help you get out of the rut you are in. have you been to marriage guidance or talked to anyone in regards to your marriage, this should be your next step i feel, i am so sorry things are not going well but things will turn and life will get better, take care blessings

spikerez
30-06-13, 11:27
I would talk to your doctor and have anti depressants prescribed,also
try and take at least 30 minutes excercise daily,this will help boost
serotonin levels.

lilly-lou
30-06-13, 13:23
I am on antidepressants but probably need to up the dose ATM. Exercise is a no for the next 3 months, just had major surgery and can't do anything except light chores no standing for long and only short walks, that is getting me down as well as I'm usually active but have to rely on people which I don't like to do, can't even drive until I've got the all clear off the consultant next week.

My doc suggested I go marriage guidance by myself so I can establish just what I want to do by myself. The whole situation just seems like there's no end in sight

Galaxy
30-06-13, 18:08
Hi Lilly-lou

I'm sorry to hear what has been happening to you and I understand exactly how you feel. Like you, I had major surgery last year which affected my walking and I feel trapped.

I had problems with anxiety before my surgery but it seems worse now and is making me very depressed and I am constantly tired. Although I am on antidepressants they are not working and my doctor is looking into changing my medication. I have had CBT but it was for only 6 sessions. I am hoping the therapist will refer me for further CBT. I hate the thought of taking more medication and the side-effects which is making me feel more anxious.

I'm sorry I can't offer any help or advice but believe me I know what you are going through.

Andrea2607
30-06-13, 18:15
I know exactly how you feel. I have been depressed for around fifteen years and left my controlling and violet husband 3 years ago. I am now in a loving relationship and my meds have been sorted out after a two month spell in a psychiatric unit. I am now on Velafaxine 300mg in the morning, Pregabline 100mg twice a day(although some days I feel I need more) and Olanzapine 20mg at night.

You should go to your doctor and ask for help there is lots out there if you know where to look.

Good luck :)
Andrea

Annie0904
30-06-13, 18:21
I am sorry you are going through all this. I was in a difficult marriage for 13 years and no how difficult it can be to leave. Some of these work books may be helpful to you http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/consumers.cfm
I think you should tell your doctor everything and maybe he will be able to refer you for appropriate counselling.