PDA

View Full Version : Heart Worry Anxiety- anyone suffer from this?

Geestar
30-06-13, 17:07
Hi, Over the past couple of months I have been so stressed out and worried about my heart. I have had an ECG which came back normal and blood tests which didnt show anything abnormal apart from enlarged white blood cells and they have all put my heart complaints down to anxiety. I know I have always suffered from this so in glad it has surfaced and also getting treated for depression but I still cant help feel I still have something wrong with my heart! Everyday ita constant- fast heartbeat, slow heart beat, palpitations, I feel like ny heart stops and theb comes back pounding, I can see my clothes moving from my heart beating, I have an overall feeling as though any minute im going to die or have a heart attack. I an constsntly so scared! I do have other symptoms going on such as tiredness, feeling like I have no energy sometimes feeling sick, blurred vision, chest pains, tightness in my chest. But the doctors are telling me its anxiety. Im going to try and get more tests done to make sure but has anyone else had this? Where u convinced it was more than anxiety?
Thanks for reading!

X

menopausalminnie
30-06-13, 17:44
Hi - and big hugs:hugs:
How old are you if you don't mind me asking? The symptoms you are describing are very "Menopause" related.........

Annie0904
30-06-13, 17:56
All of the symptoms you describe are symptoms of anxiety so I agree with your doctors.

joelhall
30-06-13, 18:02
How long ago did your bloods show enlarged WBCs?

CharlieM
30-06-13, 18:09
I've had everything you describe for 9 months. Took me ages to accept it is all due to anxiety. But it must be as surely I would have had a heart attack by now??!!

So many people on here post about heart worries, and nearly every time it is muscular due to the way we react to anxiety and panic attacks, combined with poor posture.

I just keep telling myself that the tests were ok and try and live through the symptoms.

Not easy, but over time it does get better.

Geestar
30-06-13, 18:14
Hi thanks for the replies :)

I am 23 years old... so very unlikey to be menopause.

I feel it may be anxiety just dont want to put that label on yet untill I can no for sure its not something worse.. does anxiety show symptoms constantly? Or or those symptoms only meant to be there during an attack?

It was around 3 weeks ago I got my blood test results for enlarged wbc's. I also had a sudden drop of folic acid (folate).

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Thanks CharlieM for your reply-

I know people have been telling me it takes a while to 'accept' anxiety but I feel I accepted it and coped with it a long time ago.

Yeah I just hope it is anxiety related- I could easily live with my symptoms just aslong I could be 100% sure it is anxiety.

Speranza
30-06-13, 18:17
Sounds very like anxiety. I believe anaemia can also affect this so perhaps the bloods will help the doctor to see what is going on.

Gotagetthroughthis
30-06-13, 18:26
You are in the same boat as many people here. My anxiety started with worrying about heart problems and thinking I was going to drop down dead at any moment. Then it moved onto other things aswell. Its all part of Health anxiety/fear off death.

Id guess that it is all anxiety causing your symptoms so try not to worry to much as it could end up escalating into other anxieties. Have a read of my old posts if you want, you will see how many random symptoms I had and how sure I was I was dying but im still here lol. Trust your doctor and the tests and move on, that's the best thing you can do.

Hope it all works out for you and you start to feel better soon :)

Geestar
30-06-13, 18:58
Joelhall- what could enlarged wbc's be an indication of?

Yeah i feel better in the fact im not alone with what im feeling I suppose I will feel better when I accept its anxiety. Just find it so hard to believe its happening all the time :(

I will have a look at ur posts :)

thankyou.

Freaked
30-06-13, 19:48
Geestar, certainly all your symps could be anxiety. Pounding heart, palps, blurred vision, etc. Doesn't sound like a heart thing anyway at your age and after your tests, though it never hurts to get an echo and stuff. Do you find physical activity makes you worse or about the same? Not cos it would mean you're dying or anything, but there are other more benign, not heart conditions that can cause your symps that get put down to anxiety for a long time sometimes, until eventually docs get very confused. It would have saved me a lot of time, money and worry if docs had looked into my diagnosis earlier instead of leaving me in the hopes I'd recover.

But that's not to say you have one of those conditions; like I say, your symps do sound very anxiety.

Geestar
30-06-13, 20:00
Psychical activity is fine... sometimes I feel when im out and about im fine normally my symptoms are worse when im in bed or just sitting on the couch doing nothing.
Does that make it more likely just anxiety?
Yeah I feel that I will press on to get more tests done and ny doc was confused.
I feel like its never ending and cant even remember how this all started :S

Freaked
30-06-13, 20:25
If you find physical activity fine and that you're worse when you're not doing things, then that makes it sound 99% like anxiety to me. No harm in tests if they're non-invasive, but if I was you I wouldn't be too concerned. You might be hyperventilating a bit when you're not distracted and that might bring on a lot of your other symptoms. The best way to deal with anxiety symps is to just read or do something distracting and try to ignore them until they go away, like a fly or something. Easier said than done, but effective.

Geestar
30-06-13, 21:31
That sounds reassuring :) thankyou for your advice will take that on board!

James1983
30-06-13, 22:33
yep i am exactly the same read some of my old posts