PDA

View Full Version : Insect bite on forehead

almamatters
30-06-13, 21:26
After spending a bit of time outside this afternoon, weirdly I have been bit by something on my forehead did feel something at the time, but have just looked in the mirror and now have a swelling. I am worrying that it will continue to swell, I don't know what bit me, can I do anything this evening to help it?

Speranza
30-06-13, 21:31
Insect bites tend to stop swelling after a while. Is it itchy? You can apply ice, or a solution of vinegar and water (or lemon juice and water).

What is your fear? A swollen lump on your forehead is not going to harm you. Don't panic. xx

Stormsky
30-06-13, 21:32
I got bitten on foot today..but I just don't worry bout it!
Put some cream on it, savlon or something similar

almamatters
30-06-13, 21:34
Thanks , my fear is it is going to continue to swell and I don't know what it was that bit me . I can only find germaline (spelling)

Annie0904
30-06-13, 21:36
You could take a anti histamine tablet if it is itchy or put some antihistamine cream on it.

Stormsky
30-06-13, 21:37
Everyone's reaction to insect bites is different.. If its your forehead, then prob a mosquito?
Or wasp or bee?

Annie0904
30-06-13, 21:40
You could try one of these home remedies http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/take-charge/9-surprising-home-remedies-insect-bites-stings.html

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

The ice pack will help the swelling to go down.

Speranza
30-06-13, 21:40
I didn't suggest antihistamine cos I don't know what meds you are on, but if it's ok to have it, that would be good if the bite is itching.

almamatters
30-06-13, 21:45
Thanks all! :flowers: x not worrying so much now am trying ice and have taken an antihistamine, if I could have kept calm, I would have know what to do. :blush:

Tessar
30-06-13, 21:58
Bummer of a place to get bitten eh? Something tried to bit my leg when I was in the garden today. my language wasn't pretty but that's coz I'm not good at avoiding scratching if it itches. But I do know it's Important not to. I hope it continues to get better for you. Whatever bit me obviously wasn't very potent as it didn't leave a mark. Maybe I swore so loud it decided to scarper before it it any real damage

Tessar
10-07-13, 14:27
i got bitten on the leg yesterday (and the hand last week). made me think of you alma! how's your bite, did it go down?

almamatters
10-07-13, 17:38
i got bitten on the leg yesterday (and the hand last week). made me think of you alma! how's your bite, did it go down?

Hi Tessar, yes it did thanks, took a couple of days, I got bit by a horse fly on my leg on Saturday and it swelled up and has been really itchy since. I tried some of the tips on got on here and they definitely helped. Thanks for asking Tessar, I am keeping well and truly covered up from now on. Hope your bites are ok. :) xx

Tessar
10-07-13, 18:54
I just looked at the remedies too. I put bite & sting cream on mine, it does help calm it. Toothpaste's a good trick. The one on my hand didn't itch luckily. My leg one does but at the moment I am able to wear shorts so it's limiting the irritation. Fortunately I don't often react badly unlike my partner who always does!