PDA

View Full Version : What does this sound like?

Brynne8
01-07-13, 03:22
Here are my symptoms:
- leg pain mostly in one leg ( knee and thigh )
- weakness in arms and legs ( like today I went tubing and now my arms are dead and they never used to be while tubing and I say on a jetski and now my legs are completely weak an shakey.)
- dizziness
- frequent headaches
- cold symptoms
- cough
- back pain
- occasional chest pain
- occasional ear aches
- major shortness of breath
- cough

It started out in one leg, and now I have all these symptoms and it has been to months. I am a 15 year old girl and my main concern is cancer but I don't know what kind I have- I have been thinking about this nonstop and researching it and it seems that it could be both bone cancer that spread lung cancer or maybe leukemia. Please help me out and tell me what this sounds like to you. Obviously I should go to the doctor, but they can't get me in until August unless of emergency, which my parents don't think this is. I have a gut feeling this is cancer. If it is not, what else could it be? I really don't know why my leg would still be hurting for two months. Could it be ms or somthing else? Please give your input.

Speranza
01-07-13, 21:12
Hi, we are not able to diagnose on here Sweetheart, but if your parents are not too worried I would take your lead from them. Could it be that you have had worries like this before? Perhaps they know that you have these worries from time to time? It will be good to see a doctor in August, but try not to focus on what is wrong, maybe tell us a bit about who you are and what your hobbies are?

Have a hug... :hugs:

hheavenlyangel
02-07-13, 10:41
Have you had a recent growth spurt? It could be growning pains. I remember those quite well. The dizziness, the congestion, cough, frequent headaches, shortness of breath they can also indicate allergies and asthma. The soreness in your lungs could indicate you have a chest infection. Allergies cause all kinds of different symptoms most of which you have indicated. I wouldn't worry too much, but off course if you do get worse let your parents know. You're going to be even a little more sore in the morning as tubing takes a lot out of you so don't be surprised if you wake a little bit sore. Sound like you are a little like how I was at your age, I was really sensitive to any changes in my body and I used to freak out thinking there was something wrong with me. :hugs:

joelhall
03-07-13, 19:11
You certainly are not describing lung cancer, as at your age you would be severely ill by now. And I do mean severely. When you describe 'major shortness of breath', how often are you experiencing this? Is there a trigger, does it occur in certain environments or when performing activity?

I can assure you nothing you have said sounds like an emergency.