PDA

View Full Version : Mouth cancer or something else.

willous1
01-07-13, 12:41
Hi, I had an ulcer in the back of my mouth and took a picture with my phone. With the light it showed everything clearly. At the back left where you can get the little holes one of them is black. Also nearer the front of my mouth on the left near my wisdom tooth I have a slightly black spot as well. Im so scared. I looked on google and couldnt find anything but my diet is not great and I used to smoke. I last went to the dentist in January. Could it be cancer. Im worried beyond belief. I hope i described correclty.

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

Also it's like the roof of my mouth has lots of veins.

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Can anyone help, im being sick now with worry.

hheavenlyangel
01-07-13, 13:16
Doesn't sound like cancer to me. I've known a few people with mouth cancer and that was not one of the symptoms. I get ulcers in my mouth too and I freak out too. How about you pop in and see the Dr. It will put your mind at ease but I seriously don't think it's anything to worry about.

willous1
01-07-13, 13:51
Okay. Thanks but so scared. Does anyone know why top of mouth would be veiny. Lady in boots said it's normal. I'm not worried about ulcers as only just appeared and one already gone. The black spot at front is not raised. I don't want to go doctors as worry so much it will start me off. The bit at back is in the Holley part and is black inside.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

I feel like rubbish. So depressed because of this. Nothing on Google mention black bits.

willous1
01-07-13, 14:18
I just used some mouth wash. The veins aren't as red on top of mouth and the black hole at back just seems it is like that because the hole is quite deep. Also the tiny patch near front just looks like bruise. Am I being silly.

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

At 28 I keep thinking I have everything

willous1
01-07-13, 14:58
Thanks for replies, I cant go on like this anymore. It's ruining my life. If I go doctors then it will start me off again.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

would a&e see me

nomorepanic
01-07-13, 15:08
Go and see a dentist they are the best people for things like this.

No you do not need to go to A&E

willous1
01-07-13, 15:13
Thank you, I am such a worrier. The symptoms do not really come up when I type in mouth cancer but I still panic. I have a dentist sppointement tommorow. Do you think they will be able to see. And I went 6 months ago, would they have noticed then.

Speranza
01-07-13, 15:35
Of course you aren#t being silly. But... whatever you have, it is not going to change before tomorrow. YOu have flagged up that you have Health Anxiety so it's pretty likely to be that. I have also found various things which have freaked me out over the years, most of which I#ve probably had since birth. Once you start looking... :unsure:

Let us know what the dentist said. There isn't anything else you can do but DON'T start poking around with your tongue, next thing you will have a sore tongue.

(Been there!)

willous1
01-07-13, 15:47
Thank you. Im so scared though. Does it sound like cancer.

Speranza
01-07-13, 16:00
I'm not a doctor. Didn't you say even you didn't think the symptoms matched what you knew? Anyway tomorrow you can ask your dentist - and make sure you ask outright! Or write a note saying you have high anxiety around this and you need reassurance... Good luck!

willous1
01-07-13, 16:22
A doctor called me back and said it will be nothing but to pop over and she will have a look. I'm on the bus now.she said the black bit will just be a torn saliva duct or something.

Speranza
01-07-13, 16:32
That's great! Well done for sorting it! :)

willous1
01-07-13, 17:59
Thank you. Almost there. Appreciate the support.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

Right. I have been. She had a look and said my mouth was completely normal. Burn she was very wrong and on a separate conversation said to me....doctors do get it wrong sometimes. Now I'm worse than before. She was very casual and only looked quickly. I even had to show her a picture of the black bit and when she looked she said ot was just a vein but veins don't look like that? She then put me on 60mg of citilopram and just said it was north a try.

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

She then said she wanted to book an appointment for four weeks for review on tablets. Could she mean to check mouth but just not telling me.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Wish I could get pic up but don't know how to do it

willous1
01-07-13, 18:05
Thanks. I'm not going to take it. But what about the mouth.

willous1
01-07-13, 18:13
Really. Oh god. Surely she should have known. I won't sleep knowing I have dentists tomorrow.

willous1
01-07-13, 18:29
Thanks. What does anyone else think.

nomorepanic
01-07-13, 18:34
I agree about the Citalopram - are you already on it or not?

You are best seeing the dentist to be honest but doctor's know what to look for as well

willous1
01-07-13, 19:01
Surely the doctor would not say its not if it could be.

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

She could be sued etc

nomorepanic
01-07-13, 19:18
The doctor knows what she is looking for.

Are you already on Citalopram?

willous1
01-07-13, 19:20
Yeah 40mg

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

But my health anxiety is ruining my life. I keep taking pictures of this dark blue bit. It's not raised. Just a tiny patch

Speranza
01-07-13, 19:43
You are the only person who can stop taking the pictures... Can you try leaving it till 9 o'clock before you take another one?

willous1
01-07-13, 19:47
Why are you being funny. I am really worried. No-one knows about this patch.

willous1
01-07-13, 20:14
I just rubbed it and think it is veins as they formed apart when rubbed over it.

Speranza
01-07-13, 20:45
I wasn't being funny, sorry if it looked like that, I meant, can you kind of pace the worry? You said you keep taking pictures, can you maybe stop looking at them as often or something? It really doesn't sound as though you have too much to worry about but I know that isn't going to help you not to worry...

nomorepanic
01-07-13, 20:49

Who is being funny?

willous1
02-07-13, 07:54
Sorry, took it the wrong way. Apologies Speranza. I have been up all night sick. I bet it is a vein but my anxiety always makes me think different.

---------- Post added at 07:54 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

I just had a look at pictures I took when I was going to dentists all the time a few months ago and exactly the samething was there
Surely they would have seen. I had xrays etc

katielou80
02-07-13, 07:58
ive got a very veiney mouth, and dr says its normal. i have health anxiety too, and i can sympathise how much it ruins your life. its awful. now.... youve been to the dr, and she said your fine! now you need to leave it, forget it, you cant do anymore than go to the drs. and youve been so you should be happy now! please stop it all, its such a slippery slope, but its an even slipperier slop when we start disbelieving drs!! xx chin up :)

---------- Post added at 07:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

and yes they would have MOST DEFO SEEN it if you had xrays! xx pm me if you want a chat. i know how awful it is xx

NervousA1
02-07-13, 10:57
Hi check out my thread regarding veins in mouth http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=119912

Yours look anything like that? I also have a sort of hole in back of throat one side, where tonsil is. Used to worry about it, not so much now.

willous1
02-07-13, 12:47
Went to the dentists who had a good look around my mouth and I kept talking about the purple bit. But she just said it was nothing prescribed me some stuff for my ulcers. She just ignored the purple bit and I said it could be a vein she said. Yes perhaps.

nomorepanic
02-07-13, 13:36
Good news then cos it is nothing serious