PDA

View Full Version : Walk In Centre GP

Shivmarie
01-07-13, 13:21
Went to the walk in centre with my breathing/chest tightness etc last week and omg the doctor there was really rude, he was sat there saying 'this is a chronic problem you need to talk to your gp" whilst not even looking at me, then proceeded to tell me that "its a walk in centre we don't preform miracles" Then listened to my back for a half second and went "lungs are fine" before proceeding to carry on on his computer. i got really wound up as whilst he may have been right i was in some discomfort there and then and literally had no help at all and he sat there on his computer whilst i was crying. i got up and stormed out slamming the door behind me.
I know its more of a GP area but i couldn't get in the doctors id been trying for three days and i was really in alot of discomfort :(.
Walk in centers really get a bad name, and this is why!

acmillo
01-07-13, 13:33
I totally understand your frustration. My local surgery is excellent IF I get to see my regular GP. Often, however, if my symptoms flare up and I need to see a GP quickly I get to see a locum GP. I often feel like just cancelling the appointment because they are unable/unwilling to offer any real help. I guess in their defence they don't really know my history so may be unwilling to offer any help which may conflict with treatment my regular GP may b giving me. Understandable but no less frustrating

Shivmarie
01-07-13, 13:42
Ive seen so many different GPs and the last one i seen finally understood my frustration, whilst my lungs sounded clear she was clearly aware of the distress and discomfort i was in and referred me for a chest xray for completeness, she also asked me to do a urine sample on the spot and said right out i was showing signs of an infection, and gave me antibiotics. None of this 'its your anxiety" rubbish. x

Shelly15
01-07-13, 13:51
I was going to go to the walk in Center today about eye pain don't think I will now, doctors that don't no you can be very rude but I can't see my gp till next week plus I can't stand waiting so I get even more anxious

Shivmarie
01-07-13, 14:38
try your optician shelly? would that not help?
he was ridiculous, really made me feel bad about being there x

Shelly15
01-07-13, 15:12
Didn't think of that, but I will still be an anxious mess that there going to tell me there's majorly something wrong with me I'm so scared. I once saw a different dr as mine was on holiday I said I suffer anxiety and panic attacks and I kept feeling faint and lightheaded and she just said your shoulders are tence do some exercise go to talking Theripes and take some anti depresents and spoke to me like she didn't even care, I'm not looking for sympathy but she could tell how anxious I was just wanted reassurance that I was okay x

Shivmarie
01-07-13, 15:17
Yep see the gp i seen at the WIC i never even mentioned my anxiety too yet he was like that towards me. Absolutely shocking! x

Ats666
01-07-13, 16:05
I went to a walkin centre with my 2 year old son having convulsions and they said you will have to wait 2 hours so I took him straight to a&e, so I haven't had a good experience with them :( but I'm sure they are not all bad :)

Munchlet
01-07-13, 19:17
Nope I'm not a fan of them either, I went once with chronic ear ache because my surgery was shut and they said "it's inflamed but we wouldn't prescribe antibiotics for it, even though I told the doctor both my eardrums had perforated the year before due to an infection and I was prone to them but he wouldn't have it.

The next day I was in agony went to my GP first thing in the morning and the nurses mouth literally hit the floor when I said I'd been to the Walk in centre the day before and they wouldn't give me anything.

She said the infection was so bad she didn't know if they'd be able to catch it before my eardrum perforated again, but luckily some strong antibiotics did the trick.

So I tend to avoid at all costs now, I ring our out of hours doctors in cases of emergency!

Shivmarie
01-07-13, 21:06
Yeah I think ill be doing that. I ended up in a&e this afternoon. Doctor says "hmm I've heard all about the GPs in Coventry"