PDA

View Full Version : false hope from doctors??

Darren1
01-07-13, 15:36
Would the doctors REALLY keep me on a watch and wait for my swollen glands if they were at all concerned?
I understand they might do this to see if a lump grows but would they also fill me with false confidence telling me not to worry, my bloods are fine, something would show in the bloods. One GP actually said this is not lymphoma or leukemia, no need to worry!!

Also would they keep any result of a test away from me? E.g. slightly high WBC and not tell me? They told me I had high iron but now im worried there were other levels high and they are not telling me and just waiting to see what happens on the next result.

Speranza
01-07-13, 15:37
Why would they do that? (I mean, lie to you). Swollen glands are ever so common and the Doctor went out of his way to reassure you. Do you have any reason not to believe him?

Darren1
01-07-13, 15:39
Why would they do that? (I mean, lie to you). Swollen glands are ever so common and the Doctor went out of his way to reassure you. Do you have any reason not to believe him?

*******updated*********
to stop me worrying?? terrified they are gonna see me in 2 weeks and drop a bombshell after all the reassurance they have given me.

i dont believe him because i've done so much research online !! i mean finite, indepth, medical journals and everything!

Notlrac87
01-07-13, 15:51
This really depends on your trust level of your doctor they are professionals at the end of the day and withholding information is the same as not treating you if they suspected something sinister I'm sure they would be obligated to tell under their professional and moral code

Just keep in mind that your doctor is a professional and is not in the business of misleading that's for politicians

But if you are not satisfied with them or distrust them it might be time to switch