PDA

View Full Version : If you need a laugh read this !

mikejames
01-07-13, 16:34
My day by Mikey

At 8 am I had a phone call from the job centre offering me an interview .........well that's good your thinking ...........but no because the job centre seem to think a fully qualified accountant wants a job as a fruit picker !!!!!!!!

Now I have nothing against the tillers of the soil but because I told them to shove it my benefits might be cut as I have turned down work !

So I go to Leeds to meet an agency for a job that does not involve fruit and as I get out of the cab I am mugged .........yes really ......he wanted my I phone so was knocked to the ground but kept my phone with a good kick from me in the balls............

THEN I have an interview by which time I was just tempted to down a VERY large gin ...................... and touch wood that went ok

You gotta laugh !!!!!!:roflmao:

Speranza
01-07-13, 16:37
Resilience - ya gotta love it. :winks:

:bighug1:

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

LOL that was a slightly bigger hug than I intended, but you can have it anyway! :)

MelinaJane
01-07-13, 16:38
What a day!! I have nothing half so exciting to report!!:)

kittikat
01-07-13, 16:49
Get those wellies on Mike, I think that job was perfect for you :roflmao:

On a serious note, I know what a tuogh time you had but you took it on the chin and you are so determined...well done :hugs:

Day off tomorrow please...you need to relax and take it easy...I'll be checking up on you! No more drama lol...Lots of love xxxx

Edie
01-07-13, 22:37
Oh my goodness, I'm sorry that happened! I'm pleased you managed to keep your phone, but I hope you are not too badly hurt.

I hope there will be good news from your interview!

Col
01-07-13, 22:47
Annoys me when someone's trained so hard in a field and then the job centre give you anything equivalent to a cleaning job. Don't get me wrong everyone plays an important part in this world and one field or line of work connects to another like a web, like hospitals where doctors wouldn't be able to treat people without sanitisation and clean environments which the cleaners provide.

Anyway hope you find something a little more appropriate soon & also I hope your readytoget back to work?

As for the mugging ...... Monday's :shrug: glad the bugger didn't get the phone BUT did get a good kick in the nether regions :D

ladybug51
01-07-13, 23:40
Have just read your post MJ, am amazed at your resilience. Good on you!!
You should be immediately hired for that , let alone your qualifications,
Wishing you the very best of luck.........:hugs:

Annie0904
02-07-13, 02:14
What a way to start the week! Mind you fruit picking might quite suit me after recently leaving the stress of teaching in a Secondary school! :unsure: I have actually just started cleaning in a private house a couple of hours a week and really enjoying the change :D
I hope you get the job you went for today...I am sure you deserve it after your trauma of getting there.