PDA

View Full Version : I know I shouldn't have googled but...

Orange Lightning
01-07-13, 21:58
I'm trying to find another explanation for my symptoms besides "incurable acid reflux." I get a burning throat filled with gas, and the only real trigger I've found after 6 months (consistent that is) is water! Even alkaline watee from the Saka brand with b.soda added (so ph 8.7) makes me burn! I thought it might be anxiety but in my most stressful hours I can avoid this symptom entirely and H2 blockers, PPIs and diet changes don't work either. That onlt left me with one option... Dr. Google. And I found this...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080523215946AA9W38S

Does anyone else get a similar thing to the top answer on this? I only ask because I can't find any other solutions that don't involve me being in unacceptable pain for years :(

Shivmarie
01-07-13, 22:36
I noticed I went through a faze of drinking loads of water a few weeks ago, a slow and behold my throat felt irritated, I eased off the water and it subsided so you could be onto something there xx

Orange Lightning
02-07-13, 15:43
I noticed I went through a faze of drinking loads of water a few weeks ago, a slow and behold my throat felt irritated, I eased off the water and it subsided so you could be onto something there xx

That helps, thank you very much! I also noticed honey does the same thing to me; weird thing is nothing has happened today when I experimented with both honey and water. :/