PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour anxiety, could this just all be due to sinuses?

anxious_thoughts
02-07-13, 04:31
I've had head pains for a really really long time. Every time I lie down I get pains on the side of my head. I don't think that is all sinus related, but most recently every time I lie down or put my head back, I get head pressure on the top of my head and a bit of pain. When I look down, I get forehead pressure an head pains, I also get tightness around my eyes, and just an overall weird feeling. I also get a stiff neck with these symptoms. And I noticed that when I move my eyebrows I feel some pressure in my forehead.

Anyone else get this? Anyone think it could be sinuses? :( I'm hoping that's all it is.

Speranza
02-07-13, 09:29
There's a good way to check if it is your sinuses. Gently press a couple of fingers onto one of the places where your head is hurting (classic is the cheekbones under and to the side of the eyes). If it temporarily relieves the pain, it is very likely to be sinus pain. I've certainly experienced this kind of pain with sinusitis, so it certainly *could* be - however I'm not a doctor!

It is possible you have something which needs antibiotics, and in any case it is always a good idea to get stuff checked out when it is making you so anxious. I really doubt it is anything serious, but it's bery likely something which can be put right pretty easily. You won't know if you don't ask...

Let us know how it went! :)

aggiecuttler
02-07-13, 12:59
hi there again, i think you should have a scan or else you will always worry yourself silly i am sure that everything is fine though so dont worry yourself but having an mri will stop your worrying blessings

anxious_thoughts
03-07-13, 22:26
There's a good way to check if it is your sinuses. Gently press a couple of fingers onto one of the places where your head is hurting (classic is the cheekbones under and to the side of the eyes). If it temporarily relieves the pain, it is very likely to be sinus pain. I've certainly experienced this kind of pain with sinusitis, so it certainly *could* be - however I'm not a doctor!

It is possible you have something which needs antibiotics, and in any case it is always a good idea to get stuff checked out when it is making you so anxious. I really doubt it is anything serious, but it's bery likely something which can be put right pretty easily. You won't know if you don't ask...

Let us know how it went! :)

Hello, thanks for the response. :) I visited my doctor and he referred me to get an x-ray of my sinuses. I still have to book my appointment, but I'm still terrified of it being a brain tumour.

It was Canada day on Monday and I was looking up at the fireworks with my head slightly tilted back, and I started getting the pressure right at the top of my head, and some pain around the top and the sides. It really scared me, after about 20 minutes of not looking upwards it went away.

I tried doing what you told me but it seems like when I press on my cheeks or forehead, and even in areas around my head, the pain worsens. So I'm not sure :(

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

hi there again, i think you should have a scan or else you will always worry yourself silly i am sure that everything is fine though so dont worry yourself but having an mri will stop your worrying blessings

Hello, I know I should, but I feel like I would be so scared for my results :(
I also am not able to lie flat on my back because every time I do I instantly get head pressure, an overall weird feeling in my head, and head pains. When I try to lie down and get these, it scares me so much that I quickly sit back up. :(

nomorepanic
03-07-13, 22:41
You can't carry on like this though - you have had this worry for a long long time.

Go and see the doc and get answers about it all

Speranza
03-07-13, 23:03
Hi, I should have put 'if it alters the pain' I guess! It could have hurt more when you pressed - that might mean it's gunky sinuses. You will know soon. Try not to worry, that is the most likely thing at the moment isn't it. x

anxious_thoughts
03-07-13, 23:22
You can't carry on like this though - you have had this worry for a long long time.

Go and see the doc and get answers about it all

Hi Nicola, I did go see my doctor two weeks ago. So, I guess that's a start. Just trying to call the place to get my sinus x-ray done, but I'm so worried :(

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Hi, I should have put 'if it alters the pain' I guess! It could have hurt more when you pressed - that might mean it's gunky sinuses. You will know soon. Try not to worry, that is the most likely thing at the moment isn't it. x

I'm trying my hardest not to worry. If I think about it, there's a good chance of it being a sinus thing since my nose is stuffy and it gets even worse when I lie down, and I also seem to have a lot of clear phlegm. Not much coughing or sneezing though

nomorepanic
03-07-13, 23:30
I know two people with brain tumours and your symptoms are not like theirs to be honest.

anxious_thoughts
04-07-13, 04:18
I know two people with brain tumours and your symptoms are not like theirs to be honest.

Did they ever get a lot of head pressure?

It seems like every time I lie down I get very bad pressure, also when I look down and lie on my sides. The pressure is felt a lot more when I move my eyebrows. And I get head pains on the side of my head and top especially

Speranza
04-07-13, 10:15
That is CLASSIC sinus pain tbh. Much more likely than the worst-case scenario.

nomorepanic
04-07-13, 12:35
No they didn't get head pressure

anxious_thoughts
04-07-13, 15:33
I'm just hoping that's all it is.

But would it be such a deep pressure? I'm just so nervous and always thinking the worst. :(

anxious_thoughts
05-07-13, 03:04
Anyone else?

mrsnobody
05-07-13, 09:08
they didn't have stabbing head pain at back of head lasting seconds did they nic ? feels like a bolit of lightning hitting your head then goes away

Speranza
05-07-13, 09:56
Sounds like what I have today, and that is a headache brought on by a stiff shoulder. How does it feel if you circle your arm around in the air, stretched out to the side? If it's cracking and creaking, the headache might be muscle tension-related. It will go, just go for a walk and swing your arms!!

joelhall
05-07-13, 15:38
I've had head pains for a really really long time. Every time I lie down I get pains on the side of my head. I don't think that is all sinus related, but most recently every time I lie down or put my head back, I get head pressure on the top of my head and a bit of pain. When I look down, I get forehead pressure an head pains, I also get tightness around my eyes, and just an overall weird feeling. I also get a stiff neck with these symptoms. And I noticed that when I move my eyebrows I feel some pressure in my forehead.

Anyone else get this? Anyone think it could be sinuses? :( I'm hoping that's all it is.

It could well be sinusitis or rhinitis. I'd tempted to say it sounds a lot like tension arising from the neck and shoulder girdle. Raised intercranial pressure doesn't feel like 'pressure' as there are no nociceptors in the brain itself. Pain from something serious occurs when there is pressure applied to other tissues such as the meninges, and this causes pain, often very severe.
I have never heard symptoms such as yours being linked with brain tumours, abscesses or other neoplasms.

nomorepanic
05-07-13, 16:14
they didn't have stabbing head pain at back of head lasting seconds did they nic ? feels like a bolit of lightning hitting your head then goes away
No, they are head zaps and we all get them

anxious_thoughts
05-07-13, 19:36
Sounds like what I have today, and that is a headache brought on by a stiff shoulder. How does it feel if you circle your arm around in the air, stretched out to the side? If it's cracking and creaking, the headache might be muscle tension-related. It will go, just go for a walk and swing your arms!!

I definitely get cracking and creaking into arms and shoulders when I stretch them. Even if I stretch my back I sometimes notice a click.

I've also noticed (for a very long time) that when I press on certain spots on my head it hurts. Mostly in the side right on top of my ear, and right at the top/middle part of my head.

Speranza
05-07-13, 19:39
Sounds like you have very tense muscles in that area, sure fire cause of headaches...

anxious_thoughts
05-07-13, 19:40
It could well be sinusitis or rhinitis. I'd tempted to say it sounds a lot like tension arising from the neck and shoulder girdle. Raised intercranial pressure doesn't feel like 'pressure' as there are no nociceptors in the brain itself. Pain from something serious occurs when there is pressure applied to other tissues such as the meninges, and this causes pain, often very severe.
I have never heard symptoms such as yours being linked with brain tumours, abscesses or other neoplasms.

Reading this has really made me feel a lot better!! I need to suck it up and make the call for my sinus X-ray already, haha.

I have a few spots in my head (mostly top and sides) that hurt when I press on them. Do you think that sound brain tumour related at all?

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Sounds like you have very tense muscles in that area, sure fire cause of headaches...

Yeah, could be tense muscles. I'm also a teeth grinder when I sleep, been doing it for years. My jaw is sometimes sore as well, along with clicking and locking. I have a mouth guard but absolutely hate it and I don't use it all the time.

Speranza
05-07-13, 19:48
Ah... that is DEFINITELY going to cause you some headaches!

joelhall
05-07-13, 21:03
I have a few spots in my head (mostly top and sides) that hurt when I press on them. Do you think that sound brain tumour related at all?

Nope, not in the slightest.

anxious_thoughts
05-07-13, 22:41
Ah... that is DEFINITELY going to cause you some headaches!

You're right. The thing is though, I wouldn't classify them as headaches, it's mostly head pains. I do get headaches now and then, but not too often. The head pains that come and go in a second throughout the day seems to set my anxiety. :weep:

Thank you though, you've really given me something to think about. Something that isn't brain tumour related xx

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Nope, not in the slightest.

hmm..wonder what could be the cause of it