PDA

View Full Version : Rib cage pain

willous1
02-07-13, 16:52
Hi everyone..me again

I have just forgotten about the silly mouth cancer issue and now I'm getting pains in both sides of ribccage especially when I breath in. Anyone else ever had this. I'm so scared. Hard to explain. It's like a bog painful stitch or something.

Speranza
02-07-13, 16:53
Yes, I have, you will be fine. It is absolutely amazing how our bodies are able to throw up a new random symptom every time we have begun to cope with another one! Hang in there, you're doing fine!

iluvdyl13
02-07-13, 17:32
Yes I have Been getting rib pain for ages on and off can be very worrying but I think it stems from anxiety and being tense I know that it mostly flares up when im worried I also get back and chest pains and a the back pain I'd say is from being tense and rib and chest pains can both come from your back...if that makes sense to you hope it helps.

willous1
02-07-13, 17:35
Thanks for reply. It's hard to say what it is like. It's quite low in ribs I think. Mostly right side now.

almamatters
02-07-13, 17:37
I have suffered from this for ages in my case it is tension and bad posture, worry and anxiety can cause loads of symptoms.

Speranza
02-07-13, 17:37
It *can* be wind! I was once almost hospitalised for appendicitis, until... erm... it turned out it was wind. Don't ask me how I knew... :whistles:

almamatters
02-07-13, 17:39
It *can* be wind! I was once almost hospitalised for appendicitis, until... erm... it turned out it was wind. Don't ask me how I knew... :whistles:

I forgot about the trapped wind thing, one of the most painful things ever!

Freaked
02-07-13, 17:42
Could also be one of the many joys of the near-constant hyperventilation many anxiety sufferers end up with. My chest often hurts to breathe in or out and it feels like someone comes along and beats me every night. Actually reassures me a bit sometimes, since that wouldn't be a typical heart pain thing.

willous1
02-07-13, 17:49
Thanks for reply. Just looked on Google. Hate it. Atleast it doesn't look like it's connected to heart. I'm getting married Friday. Now I'm reading all these things that can put you in hospital.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

It's a bit milder now. But still there.

Speranza
02-07-13, 17:53
Thanks for reply. Just looked on Google. Hate it. Atleast it doesn't look like it's connected to heart. I'm getting married Friday.

Aw bless you, no wonder you are anxious! Congratulations.

willous1
02-07-13, 18:20
Thank you Speranza. Maybe it's part of the reason my health anxiety has come back. It's definitely more mild now. If it was something worse would ot have died down.

Spot-the-frog
02-07-13, 18:30
I have this rib pain and have had it since March, it is down to muscle tension, I also get an ache in my upper stomach, all muscle related and all down to anxiety.

willous1
02-07-13, 18:41
Thanks for replies. Why do I look on Google for reassurance. Lots gone now mostly but now I'm nauseous.

Shivmarie
02-07-13, 19:09
Yep same here, I'm ongoing investigations for a muscle issue connected to my op, but I definitely think my anxiety has contributed it loads xx

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Congratulations! X

willous1
02-07-13, 23:04
Thanks Shivmarie. Just hope this anxiety does not ruin my day. Feel pain now when ingress there but nor really when I breath in.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Does it sound worrying. Would there be something else. I just want Friday to be good.[COLOR="blue"]

willous1
03-07-13, 09:01
Hi everyone. Have slept and the pain when I breath in has gone. Still belittle pains ever now and then in certain positions. Do do you think if twas something dodgy now it would have stayed.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 ----------

Will a doctor know by seeing me or will they send me for tests

Shivmarie
03-07-13, 09:39
I was going on and on and on until i got an xray, and then i had to go a&e and then they said i didnt need an xray,

willous1
03-07-13, 12:32
So they should be able to put my mind at ease there and then if not serious

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Could it be a symptom of anxiety or nerves for wedding. I keep thinking worst[COLOR="blue"]

KeeKee
03-07-13, 12:36
I'm sure it will be down to anxiety. It can come on at anytime so surely a milestone such as a wedding can trigger it? I started studying last September and got really bad anxiety in March this year, had panic attacks and everything.
I know depression can hit at milestones (not sure if that's the correct word) such as a new baby, moving house, divorce, MARRIAGE, death in the family so I cant see why anxiety would be any different as my doctor (and a health worker over the phone) told me they are one in the same.

willous1
03-07-13, 13:57
Thanks. I hope that's all it is. I do feel like I need the toilet a lot so may be trapped wInd. Hope th doctor can see straight away

KeeKee
03-07-13, 14:05
It very well maybe trapped wind. I've had a strange feeling in my chest and very upper stomache fot about a fortnight noe, sometones it feels tight moreso when im in the bath!? I strongly believe this to be trapped wind.
Incidentally when I hada cesearean 6 years ago I got trapped wind in my shoulder. It hurt to the point I actually cried (although in my defense ny hormones will have been all over!)
Maybe try peppermint tea?

willous1
03-07-13, 17:25
Thank you all for your kind replies. 1st of all he told me definitely not to go up to 60mg citilopram. He then listened to my heart lungs etc and just...okay all fine. I asked him what it was and he said it could be anxiety or something else but not too worry. He told me that at my age bad diseases rare very rare and that I'm ruining my life worrying. My temperature was 37.5. Is that normal.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

I'm worried about my temperature now as it was 37.5. Google says it's high. But on one site it said if taken in ear then 37.5 is normal. Anyone know

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

And I also forgot to tell him about feeling sick. Could that be the temperature. Should I have

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Can anyone help

nomorepanic
03-07-13, 17:42
I think you are just stressed out with the wedding! A wedding is enough to stress anyone out to be honest.

You need to take some time to relax and chill so you can enjoy the big day.

joelhall
03-07-13, 19:30
This isn't a sign of anxiety, but simply a connective tissue or muscular problem. It may be Tietze's syndrome, which is a benign condition, and can be quite painful at times.
A temperature of 37.5 without signs of illness or fever is nothing to worry about.

willous1
03-07-13, 20:39
I am not so worried about that now. Just other things. The temperature thing has worried me. Because now I'm thinking I'm feeling other signs.this is all going to ruin my wedding. Probably lost my job too. Health anxiety has ruined my life. Does anyone know any truth in the fact that ear thermometer shows slightly higher temp than other ways.

joelhall
03-07-13, 20:44
All our ear thermometers are regularly calibrated, so they are accurate. I doubt it will ruin your wedding or lose you your job though, if anything you might have a minor bug.

willous1
03-07-13, 21:13
The doctor said my temperature was normal so do you think i should complain. Not saying this will ruin it. But health anxiety has ruined my life already. I lost a job last year because of it and now I'm on a sick disciplinary because keep missing work due to this fear. I have checked sites that say ear thermometers are slightly higher because of where it's taken. And 37.5 is normal. My ribs are dine now but it's gone on to this temperaturething fearing I'm going forget really Ill. I ran toothed doctors so tgat didn't help.

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

I promise to stop this obsessing. Would just love a reply or two.really appreciate it.

nomorepanic
03-07-13, 21:20
You are moving from one problem to another though so you need to take a step back and calm down and do some relaxation and please stay off the internet and google.

Go and concentrate on the plans for the wedding.

willous1
03-07-13, 21:35
Thank you. My head feels quite cool at the moment. Does anyone know if 37.5 on a ear one is a fever.

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

I found the following on wiki and nhs site plus others
Should it put me at ease.

Variations due to measurement methods

Different methods used for measuring temperature produce different results. The temperature reading depends on which part of the body is being measured. The typical daytime temperatures among healthy adults are as follows:Temperature in the anus (rectum/rectal), vagina, or in the ear (otic) is about*37.5*°C*(99.5*°F)[6]Temperature in the mouth (oral) is about*36.8*°C(98.2*°F)[4]Temperature under the arm (axillary) is about36.5*°C*(97.7*°F)*[6]

nomorepanic
03-07-13, 21:46
There is nothing wrong with your temperature though