PDA

View Full Version : I just can't feel reassured!

jasonp
02-07-13, 18:37
Hi all,

Yes I'm STILL dwelling on my pupils that are unequal! I have been to the opticians (specsavers) said that all is fine, two opticians saw me that day and said it was fine, I go to my GP who agrees its fine as I have no other symptoms, she refers me to an ophthalmologist 'if I wanted to' to 'put my mind at rest' and ' put this one to bed' (she knows me so well!!) I'm waiting for the ophthalmologist appointment to come through and in the meantime I've taken the liberty of booking yet another opticians appointment with a different company just so I can be told again that it's nothing!!!

Am I insane?! Why do I still think there's a problem? It affects me most I think because I can physically see that one pupil is bigger than the other and even though both react to light and sometimes they are both equal I am still fretting constantly about it. I'm sick of this, I was fine for months until I saw this pupil thing! I swear it's the citalopram that's done it but who knows?! I've never noticed before !!

Sorry, I really needed to rant..

Speranza
02-07-13, 19:29
I'm sure I would be feeling worried too - but you have been reassured by several people so try your best to accept what they are saying. I think it's pretty easy for eye people to see the major things wrong, and they will certainly have checked you out for the things you are dreading.

Hang in there. x

Mick081081
02-07-13, 19:34
Hi, Are you still taking Citalopram? Just asking as when I was on Cit I had trouble with my pupils not dilating or dilating too much! Sometimes one would look normal while the other was larger! I was also sensitive to bright light while taking it.

jasonp
02-07-13, 19:35
Thank you so much for your reply! It's great to know the support is out there! I just feel like I'm going on to my friends and family and they get annoyed with me. They don't understand the constant fear that we have!!

Libby
03-07-13, 10:54
Hi Jason, I used to have this fear over uneven pupils. I first noticed it about 17 years ago! I still find that when I'm anxious or after exercise, one pupil is more dilated than the other. I had it checked out with gp/opticians and they said it was nothing to worry about. I still catch myself checking for it in mirrors but it doesn't freak me out like it used to. Hope it helps to know you're not alone with this x

KeeKee
03-07-13, 10:57
I had this too (still do but it no longer worries me). I too booked an eye test but was told I have healthy eyes. Luckily that was enough reassurance for me. I checked my partners eyes on occasion and his are sometimes uneven.