PDA

View Full Version : Always on edge

Shelly15
02-07-13, 18:54
I have had a pain in my eye since the weekend, which I think is eye strain or sinus related. I rang Nhs direct Sunday evening and they said to go to walk in Center in the next couple of days which totally freaked me out, I went there today and the wait was an hour and a half I can't sit there for that long I make my anxiety worse. So I've booked an eye check up at the opticians tomorrow, which makes me feel sick just thinking about it. For the past few hours I've notised a burning sensation on the side of my head I'm so scared that I have got something wrong with me I can't relax to the point I think in going to collapse any minute cause I might have a terrible illness. I have phobias of hospitals, doctors, opticians basically anything health related

jasonp
02-07-13, 19:01
I can relate to what you're saying and hope you feel better soon! Please don't worry about it. I'm stressing about my unequal pupils still. I can see it every time I look in the mirror :( even though sometimes they both equal out. I work on a computer 12 hours a day and also get eyes strain and I bet that's all that's what it is with you :)

Shelly15
02-07-13, 19:19
I hope it is eye strain to as i stare at my phone and tv all day, I always think of the worst outcome to a situation and work myself up so much. I always need to no what every pain is otherwise its the worst illness ever. I never no when I have an anxiety pain or an actual pain that's what frustrates me, I don't no if the burning sensation in my head is me focusing on it cos of anxiety or its actually there. Wish I could not worry so much till after I no what's wrong with me :(

kay1986
02-07-13, 23:17
Hi shelley, hope you are ok I know exactly how you feel I have been suffering with health anxiety since 2009 when my daughter was born :) ,I also suffer from the burning sensation you describe on the side of your head along with a whole array of other symptoms. I find myself mostly thinking to myself is this going to be me forever now?, am I going to be medicated for the rest of my life?, along with like you thinking that every ache and pain is something sinister :weep:, anyway on a lighter note I am sure everything will be fine tomorrow with your eye test and it is just eye strain I am pretty sure you will find most members on the site will be able to relate to this symptom too, hope all goes well tomorrow let us know how you get on :flowers:.

kayley:bighug1:

Shelly15
03-07-13, 13:29
My health anxiety also started after the birth of my son after a traumatic birth. I was up all night last night worrying about the opticians to the point that when I stood up I felt so dizzy and off balance and like I couldn't breath, got to the opticians got seen straight away which I like I hate waiting, and yes it was eye strain from needing a stronger lens as soon as she checked my eye said it was okay I felt a lot better just feeling lightheaded still but I worry I'm feeling lightheaded cos I'm ill but I've just got to accept its anxiety its so hard for me. I'm not on medication but I'm going to the doctors next week to talk about it :(

kay1986
03-07-13, 22:34
Hi shelly, glad everything went well at the opticians and you got the answers you were looking for :) , ive been on medication since my daughter was around 6 months old. my anxiety started almost straight away after she was born in 2009, I was under the impression it was just my body returning to normal after giving birth although I did keep repeatedly going back to the doctors where they said I was fine!, until I had a pain in my calf which I automatically thought was a DVT the doctor referred me to the hospital for a scan, where they didn't find any blood clot but thought I may have a clot on the lung:weep: I had to stay in hospital for the weekend on anti clotting injections because it was after a certain time on the Friday the lung scan department was closed for the weekend as you can imagine my mind was in over drive my daughter was only 2 weeks old. on the Monday I had the lung scan which all came back clear, but because It involved radiation I was un able to hold my daughter for a further 24 hours. when I went back to the doctors after having 3-4 panic attacks she put me on medication called citalopram which worked for a while, then symptoms worsened again so she increased the dose. after 2 years of being on the citalopram I fell pregnant with my son, I then had to stop taking the medication during pregnancy which was fine because I felt great during pregnancy!, but when my son was born in 2012 it hit me again but felt as if it was back with vengeance., my doctor put me straight back onto the citalopram which worked great short term but then towards Christmas symptoms worsened again :mad:, so my doctor changed the medication to dulocatine which worked very short term then symptoms continued to worsen even though my doctor has repeatedly increased the dose!, after returning to a different doctor Monday she has put me back on the citalopram as it seemed to work better but now I find myself worse than ever this morning I woke up with a head ache which felt like it was in the whole of my head as the day has gone on I started to feel worse feeling tired, hot and my eyes have been stinging so automatically think I must have a brain tumour or blood poisoning from the boil I have o my tummy :weep:, after being nagged all day about taking some paracetomol because I dislike taking them I finally gave in and seem to feel a lot better:blush:, hopefully I will go to bed tonight although paranoid I wont wake in the morning, I will wake up and it will be gone:wacko: xx

PS. SORRY FOR THE MASSIVELY LONG POST, FEEL FREE TO PM ME ANYTIME YOU NEED A CHAT :) XX