PDA

View Full Version : Terrified That I Have Melanoma

crosbysmom
02-07-13, 21:07
Has anyone ever had an asymetrical mole that wasn't melanoma?

I have a few moles and one on my chest has been looking weird to me. It is not dark but it looks as though the colour is coming out a little bit at the bottom and side.

I went to the doctor I'm January but he said it didnt look like melanoma. I can't stop googling and touching it and looking at it. To me it looks like its changed but family and friends say itsfrom looking at it so much that my mind is playing tricks. Can't stop obsessing!

nomorepanic
02-07-13, 21:12
Why don't you see a dermatologist as they are the experts in this field.

I am sure if the doctor says it is fine then it is but it may give you a second opinion.

crosbysmom
02-07-13, 21:16
He said he would refer me but he never did, I think he just thought I was crazy.

IIt's the bottom one, the biggest one in the picture that I am convinced is melanoma :( It looks a lot bigger in the picture than in person.

countrygirl
02-07-13, 21:40
Is it the big squashy one on the left of the picture? If so then it looks like a totally normal mole. The big squashy ones are often a bit of an odd shape.

roady
02-07-13, 22:18
Have you ever had a very bad sunburn in this location? I have a couple of spots on my shoulders after a terrible sunburn a few years ago (blistered afterward, hot and painful for days). I was concerned and went to the doctor at one point, but he said he didn't think it was a melanoma but to "watch it and see if its changed". Would it be terribly troubling to try once more to get a referral? Perhaps with another doctor? It seems like it's worrying you very much, might be worth it to be pushy just to have some peace of mind.

crosbysmom
02-07-13, 22:53
No I've never had a sunburn that blistered or anything.

It is the bigger one in the pic. In real life its smaller and a brownie colour, ot looks more pink in the picture.

I could try to get another referal but I'm so nervous that theull tell me it is melanoma. urgh.

nomorepanic
02-07-13, 23:00
Looks normal to me to be honest.

panicperson
03-07-13, 00:16
I have loads of moles that are not the usual in appearance. Some different colours, some uneven shape. Some tiny black ones that I believe have grown slightly!!
A dermatologist did glance over my skin and said all seemed fine. So yes, you can have unusual moles that aren't cancer x

KeeKee
03-07-13, 10:27
Agree, I have some irregular shaped ones that I've had for years. Don't worry I think danger signs are bleeding (obviously not if you nock it or it catches on clothing as then it would be normal) and quickly growing.