PDA

View Full Version : Starting Sertraline for ocd thoughts

mike998
02-07-13, 23:28
Hi

I'm starting Sertraline for obsessive thoughts tomorrow, I'm starting at 50 the going up to 100mg every morning and taking 15mg of mitrapine on a night. However I'm worried about the common side affect of insomnia.

southey
03-07-13, 13:15
I'm on 50mg of Sertraline and insomnia has not been an issue, in fact I'm sleeping quite well so maybe you will too? I have been having vivid dreams but these are quite good as long as they don't turn into nightmares:)

Deal with any sides as they come, I would not worry about them before they happen though.

Good luck,

Steve.

Charlie11
03-07-13, 17:34
Hi mike. I to take it for anxiety & OCD I've just started put I'm on 200 mgs. I also take mirtazipine 45 mgs which helps me sleep. The sertraline hasn't gave me insomnia but I take mine in the am. Good luck:)

mike998
03-07-13, 21:16
Do the thoughts stop?

Ccat
04-07-13, 00:05
I think if you take it on a morning you'll be ok- I had insomnia one night when i forgot to take it til the evening.

I think it will help with your thoughts- but a lo of people on here including me have found it takes quite a few weeks- to fully kick in- so don't panic if you don't feel a difference straight away.

best wishes- let us know how you arw gettting on

ccaat x

mike998
04-07-13, 17:40
First tablet ive felt yuck today, and thoughts and anxiety have been worse. Lets hope it passes soon

mike998
05-07-13, 18:28
Feeling rubbish today, I have a fog head, feel sick and abit more down and not able to cope Kinda feeling. I was checking my facebook before and when I was reading stuff it was like I couldn't handle it and had to stop. I hope this passes soon

Ccat
06-07-13, 22:31
sorry you havent been feeling so good Mike. I think you will find it will take a litle while for it to kick in chuck- hang on in there- it will get better
best wishes

Ccat x

mike998
07-07-13, 11:02
Yesterday was brilliant thoughts were not bothersome, however today there back much worse. What if I hurt someone, what if I'm not happy until I hurt/kill someone, but there's hardly any anxiety :(

Ccat
07-07-13, 16:39
Mike- have you told your dr that this is how you feel? Have they offered you anything other than tablets- like counciling or anything?

Sometimes you can feel a bit worse for the first week or two but if you are feeling like this maybe you should go back? Hvae you got people you can talk to about this?

best wishes