PDA

View Full Version : That's it ! Enough is enough

Gemmal
03-07-13, 00:33
Hi Everyone, i am quite new to this forum and have recently posted my lymphoma concerns , i am now into my 17th month of hell. ::) ::)

Tonight i am sitting trying to rationalize my thoughts whilst struggling to stop myself spending and absolutely wage on private blood tests which will provide temporary relief for 2 hours!

So, tomorrow morning i am going to make an app with my GP and admit defeat. I need help, i really really do. I am feeling sick at the thought of admitting what i have been suffering for the past year and a half but i can't take it anymore!

the question is if or when i get put on tablets. I am quite nervous about this idea and was hoping anyone out there can provide some positive light on trying some medication to save my sanity basically.

Please help !

Gemma

Speranza
03-07-13, 00:42
Gemma, I have been coping with being phobic/anxious for over FIFTY years... and the last straw came when my work situation recently became intolerable. I am off with stress. My doctor isn't one to rush into medication but on my last visit he listened to all my symptoms and very calmly said, "It's time for you to try Prozac."

I had so many misgivings, worries about side effects etc - well, 2 weeks in, so far so good. And I am feeling a lot better too. I've had some really minor side effects (I suppose you only tend to hear about the really bad ones but I've been lucky so far) but really, nothing to make me think I shouldn't be on meds.

I hope you can have a similarly good experience. You will get lots of support here. btw I don't see it as admitting defeat, I see it as taking responsibility and trying something else to see if it works... :winks:

Gill x

Gemmal
03-07-13, 00:49
Thank you Gill ! wow 50 years! anxiety really is horrendous. And you are absolutely right it is taking responsibility, i am similar to your situation in which i failed to do as well as i should in my university exams!

I am glad to hear you are much better and hope i can get on some sort of clear path soon

i have a horrible feeling im going to blubber away in this GP's office tomorrow!

Thank you!

aggiecuttler
03-07-13, 07:07
hello you are doing the right thing seeing the dr, there is no point struggling when in this day and age you dont need to, tablets are always a bit scary but they will help no end and bring you back to a normal state, keep us posted about what you are perscribed and we can give you any help you may need blessings

Speranza
03-07-13, 08:45
Crying is fine! :hugs: