PDA

View Full Version : Back problems! Scared, 16, health anxiety!!

Ace_of_Spades
03-07-13, 05:56
Hi, I am 16. When I was 11, my doctor told me I had spondylolisthesis, which is a slippage of a vertebra in your spine. I had to wear a big, bulky back brace for 6 months. I got made fun of everyday for it. Anyways, I never had a follow up appointment because my pain went away. 4-5 years later, here I am with back and butt pain, the same pain I had before. I am freaking out. This spine problem has the ability to affect your nerves!
I suffer with health anxiety, GAD, IBS, and depression. This is not helping at all. I'm terrified, plus I don't want to have to wear a brace again and get bullied for it. It wasn't even my fault :weep:
Most of you may say, "Anxiety and depression cause back pain." I know that, but the pain I am experiencing is the same pain I had when my doctor diagnosed me. No one will help me. My parents are taking me back soon. How can I calm down?? Can spondylolisthesis come back, or get worse? I don't want to deal with this, it's too much. I go to therapy for my anxiety and depression, but I don't know why I get so freaked out over health issues.

aggiecuttler
03-07-13, 07:12
i am afraid i dont know anything about your condition, but it is best to get checked out rather than putting your head in the sand, the relief of going to see the dr will be great and you can then rest assured that you are in the right hands to be cared for, i hope it all goes well for you take care blessings (people will always pick on others human nature unfortunatley but you must ignore them and do what is best for your self, difficult i know but you must care about yourself and not others)