PDA

View Full Version : Went to opticians

noangeluk
03-07-13, 09:15
he said my eyes where perfectly ok he dilated my eyes and could see the floaters said 7 in one eye and 1 bigger one in other.

Im just really worried i have brain tumor i keep getting headaches, feeling drained even on a full nights sleep even a bit dizzy. optician thoroughly checked my eyes said everything was fine. Im also worried the floaters will block my vision.

Speranza
03-07-13, 09:41
The optician would definitely know from your eyes if something more was wrong. I have a retinal condition which means I have to watch out for lots of floaters. Sometimes I do get a lot, and it is never anything serious. I'm pretty sure someone once told me you can get more when you are stressed. The best thing to avoid seeing them is to look closely at something and ignore the ones in the way, they will move eventually. They are really annoying, aren't they! They wont block your vision. :hugs:

noangeluk
03-07-13, 09:52
i get a shower of single cell floaters but according to my optician attached to each other. they are all moving to the center of my vision. i get white dots and even black spots (scare me because i instantly think brain tumor). would the opticians spotted a brain tumor? im so worried these floaters will get worse and cover my vision. he said my brain will learn to cancel them out is that true

Speranza
03-07-13, 09:57
If he said your eyes are okay I would trust that. When they dilate your eyes they can see far, far back and anything wrong in your brain is extremely likely to have shown up - they are trained to look for those things.

If he has seen the floaters and still isn't worried, I would take his reassurance. I know my optician is so carfeul that he once referred me to hospital - they really don't mess about. And I have known issues, and I'm still not blind!

Bearing in mind that stress doesn't help them, it would be a great idea to do something like go for a walk or listen to some music, you will notice them more if you are on the computer. Come back and tell me how you are later! :)