PDA

View Full Version : Blood test - scared

times71
03-07-13, 13:35
Hi

I decided went to the doctors yesterday for a Diabetes test , I have been suspicious for sometime. They said the results can take 7 day's but I got a phone call from my surgery today saying I need to book an appointment to talk to a doctor about the results. So I have a new appointment for next week. So my rather fragile mind starts working overtime, why are the results in so fast, what if it's something else more serious. So I phoned my doctors back and told them my concerns. They just said if it was urgent the doctor would have told them for me to make an appointment for this week. All they could say was that the results where abnormal, now I'm all emotional thinking the worst.

Speranza
03-07-13, 14:05
Maybe it's borderline? I don't think you need to worry too much if they don't see it as an emergency. Just remember, all these things can be treated anyway... much better to deal with stuff isn't it. :hugs:

times71
03-07-13, 15:02
True

Thanks for your help

Geestar
03-07-13, 15:13
Blood tests dont always take that long to come back they normally tell you a week to make sure they are definately back so you dont waste your time comming back too early and they arent there :)

Abnormalities dont always mean 'serious' or 'life threatening' so I wouldnt worry :)

And yeah if it was an emergency they would have called you in right away :) they might also want to do further tests such as a urine sample.

Hope all is well for you and try to relax :)

times71
03-07-13, 15:28
Thanks Geestar.