PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the House

kipperfish
03-07-13, 14:25
Hi and help!

My mum decided it was time I left the house and needed a pampering so she booked me in to get my hair cut and coloured tomorrow (first time in over a year) and will be the first time I've left the house properly for nearly 2 months!

I'm not panicking about going as such more about what do i do if i start panicking when i'm sat in there for however long a colour takes and what if i get too hot and blargh basically.

Any tips?

Thanks everyone

lashes
03-07-13, 15:10
Hiya :) when I panic I remind myself with these statements Statements

Anxiety is normal
Panic is simply high levels of anxiety
Everyone experiences anxiety and panic at times
Anxiety and panic are not dangerous
Anxiety is designed to protect us and is not harmful
By remembering these symptoms are nothing more than anxiety, I can prevent a cycle of panic occurring
I can tolerate the symptoms of anxiety and panic without them getting out of control
Slowing my breathing down can help me to control my anxiety and panic
My anxiety and panic will pass naturally given time � it doesn't last forever
I can continue without using escape, avoidance or safety behaviours
I don't always have to feel in complete control
I've never fainted, choked, gone mad, or had a heart attack before
People can't tell how anxious I feel
X

kipperfish
04-07-13, 10:21
Thank you for your tips I'll have to keep them on my phone with me this morning

Wish me luck!

flossie
04-07-13, 11:59
Step 1. Breathe down into your stomach not your chest.

Step 2. Remember to keep your breathing at a steady even rate.

Step 3. If you feel a bit jittery have a good nosey round to see what everyone else is doing.

Step 4. Sit back and enjoy.

kipperfish
04-07-13, 14:53
Well I made it through (just about)

I was anxious all through the start i could see it in my face as well that i wasn't right then had one massive flutter of panic just when the colour was done and all these thoughts were going through my head like just get out, just go home, you need to go home now.

So I got my safety bottle (frozen bottle of water) out and cooled myself down with it, and after a few minutes i was completely back to normal not even feeling anxious anymore... really strange when you think about it lol

Thank you for all your advice :)

Kim51
04-07-13, 15:15
Well done you have done so well I am so impressed I have been unable to go to the hairdressers for three months luckily she is good enough to come to me I admire your grit and determination. :):)

Spot-the-frog
04-07-13, 15:20
Well done, you did fantastic. I have made an appointment to have my hair done in a couple of weeks time, I am trying to blank it out at the moment!!!!

kipperfish
04-07-13, 15:39
Thank you so much :)

It feels so amazingly nice to have someone actually praise me for getting through something panic provoking rather than just telling me i'm a muppet for worrying in the first place!

Again thank you so much :) x

Tufty
04-07-13, 16:59
Well done. I cancelled my hair appointment yesterday as I feel I can't cope with it at the moment but the last two times I have been I felt just like you described and was so pleased that I sat it out.
I've heard that lots of women get anxious at the hairdressers and feel trapped there - the stylists are quite used to it :)

flossie
04-07-13, 21:08
Well done. Are you pleased with your haair?